Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Installing Fortran Composer XE for Mac OS* X

houward
Beginner
Hi,
I am trying out the Fortran Composer XE compiler and received an email with a link to download the disk image file for Fortran Composer XE for Mac OS X.
The email also has a license file and the email says it may need to be copied to my system manually. I already have Xcode installed in /Developer. I ran the disk image file and get /opt/ and /Developer/opt/ directories. I am not clear where to put the license file.
If I do "which ifort" at the command promt, I get /usr/bin/ifort. There appears in /usr/bin linked files such as:
fort-11.1 -> /usr/bin/ifort-11.1-base/bin/intel64/ifort
ifort-11.1-base -> /usr/bin/ifort-11.1.080-base
ifort-11.1.080 -> /usr/bin/ifort-11.1.080-base/bin/intel64/ifort
ifort-11.1.080-base -> /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/080
ifort_libFNP.dylib -> /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/080/lib/intel64/ifort_libFNP.dylib
To invoke the fortran compiler, do I type ifort or ifort-11.1?
I get the following error if I type ifort at the command prompt:
ifort: error #10310: Failed to enable trusted storage check for licensing: WARNING: Enable Trusted Storage failed (flexnet error code 1). Trusted Storage based license could not be supported
If I try ifort-11.1 on a file, I get this:
> ifort-11.1 newtest.f90
fortcom: No such file or directory
ifort-11: error #10273: Fatal error in fortcom, terminated by 0x64
Looking in /usr/bin
To summarize, I have 3 questions: (1) What is the command to invoke the compiler? (2) Where did things get installed (or built) when I ran the dmg file? and (3) Where do I put the license on my system?
Thanks
0 Kudos
7 Replies
houward
Beginner
I figured it out where to put the license:
Is your license file in the right location and readable?
The location of your license file should be specified via
the $INTEL_LICENSE_FILE environment variable.
License file(s) used were (in this order):
1. Trusted Storage
** 2. /usr/bin/ifort-2011-base/Licenses
** 3. /Users/howardteich/intel/licenses
** 4. /opt/intel/licenses
** 5. /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Intel/Licenses/*.lic
** 6. /usr/bin/ifort-2011-base/bin/intel64/*.lic
Is your license file in the right location and readable?The location of your license file should be specified viathe $INTEL_LICENSE_FILE environment variable.
License file(s) used were (in this order): 1. Trusted Storage** 2. /usr/bin/ifort-2011-base/Licenses** 3. /Users/howardteich/intel/licenses** 4. /opt/intel/licenses** 5. /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Intel/Licenses/*.lic** 6. /usr/bin/ifort-2011-base/bin/intel64/*.lic
6. worked and I can compile with ifort which is also linked to ifort-2011: ifort@ -> /usr/bin/ifort-2011
I think I am good.
0 Kudos
Jackson_M_Intel
Employee
Hello,

I am glad to see that you worked out the issue. Please let me know if anything else arises.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
mitchgoldbergcomcast
I am having the same problem. Can you explain in simple terms how to fix this. I am a novice at using the terminal screen. I amusing xcode 3.2.5 with the intel fortran, and I get the following error when I compile:

ifort::0:0 error #10310: Failed to enable trusted storage check for licensing: WARNING: Enable Trusted Storage failed (flexnet error code 1). Trusted Storage based license could not be supported

0 Kudos
Jackson_M_Intel
Employee
Hello,

I will take this thread private to get some more information from you.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Jackson_M_Intel
Employee
This issue was resolved privately. It required copying the license file to the install machine and re-running the installation.
0 Kudos
sofiane_b_
Beginner

Hi

any one can help me to get the link to download intel fortran compiler (composer XE) for mac OS X version 2013?

Thank you

Sofi

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Hi Sofi,

Please send me a private message with your serial number.  I cannot find a license under your email address.

James.

0 Kudos