Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel App Preview - Login fails

Beta_U_
Beginner

Hello,

I have installed the XDK App preview on my Galaxy Note 2 (Android 4.2.2) and I cannot login successfuly.

Once I entered username and password, I get redirected to a browser page "appcenter.html5tools....". But nothing happens and it seems like I am stuck. I also cannot close the app properly using the back button like in other apps.

Do you possibly have an idea?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Beta_U_
Beginner

The login issue seems to be resolved by its own now.  However, I cannot connect via my smartphone to the intel XDK on my local PC. I says it cannot find the XDK, although the intel XDK server is up and running.

I have deactivated the firewall on Windows 10 and on the router as well. Both (Smartphone and PC) are within the same network.

The PC is connected via LAN to the router and the Smartphone via Wifi. 

Frankly speaking, I do not know what else to go for. Do you have an idea?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

This is a recently discovered bug that engineering is working on. An issue has been filed.

0 Kudos
Beta_U_
Beginner

Hello,

When will this feature be available?

I also want to build my project, but the XKD gets stuck in the status "uploading project...". Could you please check the reason?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Beta_U_
Beginner

Hello,

I get again the issue regarding "uploading project..." when I try to build. This message does not disappear and I have to close XDK. But even if re-try, it does not work. What is going on?

Could you please have a look?

Thanks

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Beta -- are you still experiencing this problem? Are you able to "sync" your project using the Test tab?

0 Kudos
Beta_U_
Beginner

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, I still got the problem. I downloaded the latest version of XDK, but still the same error. It worked on the 03.01.2016 and 16.01.2016. After that, no success. Could you please have a look? I tried "Push Files" on the test lab.

Thanks

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Beta -- have you downloaded the most recent version of App Preview from the app store? It was updated recently to fix several issues, and I have not heard of anyone else with this problem. The most recent version, for Android App Preview is 2.7.1. You can check it by touching five fingers on the opening App Preview screen.

Also, please see this FAQ:

and confirm that you can log into this site with your Intel XDK login:

0 Kudos
Beta_U_
Beginner

Hello,

I have the latest version inatalled of app preview and I ca

n login into that site. But with my xdk, i only get the uploading screen. Can Check your data logs of my Account? What could be the issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There's been several issues talked about in this thread. Can you clarify precisely what the problem is?

• are you trying to push/sync your files using the Test tab?
  • are you trying to package your app using the Build tab?
  • are you trying to use the "wifi" option on the Test tab?

Please provide a detailed process of what you are doing. I'm afraid I'm a little confused now (having to keep track of a lot of different forum threads, it helps if you provide concise details with your post).

0 Kudos
Beta_U_
Beginner
are you trying to push/sync your files using the Test tab? Yes, that does not work. In test lab, I want to push files to server. But I only get the uploading message and it does not finish. I have to close xdk. It does not work when I re-try. I am stuck. Thanks
0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Are you on a work computer or a personal computer?

Do you have a firewall that could be blocking the XDK from connecting to our servers?

0 Kudos
Beta_U_
Beginner
No firewall. It worked before. It Has not worked for 2 weeks now. It is on my private pc. Can you maybe Check your log? Do you See any requests since the last 2 weeks? ?
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

What happens if you try the "wifi" option on the Test tab? In conjunction, you have to select the "Local Apps" button on the toolbar at the bottom of App Preview.

0 Kudos
Beta_U_
Beginner

The Wifi option works without problems! However, I have to upload my project when I want to build it. So the problem still remains. I get the same issue when I want to build my project.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Is this a Windows XP machine you are using?

Have you explicitly logged out of the XDK and tried to re-log into it? Use the little person icon in the upper right of the XDK window to logout.

Since App Preview can log into your account over the wifi, have you tried switching your desktop to the wifi?

What happens if you try another network (at a friend's house, for example, or at work)?

What happens if you install the XDK on another machine and try from there?

0 Kudos
Beta_U_
Beginner

Is this a Windows XP machine you are using?

--> No, Win 10

Have you explicitly logged out of the XDK and tried to re-log into it? Use the little person icon in the upper right of the XDK window to logout.

-->Yes, I have done that. No difference.

Since App Preview can log into your account over the wifi, have you tried switching your desktop to the wifi?

--> I do no understand. Mobile phone is on Wifi and PC on lan in the same network. Cannot switch pc to wifi.

What happens if you try another network (at a friend's house, for example, or at work)?

What happens if you install the XDK on another machine and try from there?

--> I could rather try to create a second account and check if the problem persists.

Cannot you check your log? Do you see my trying to upload a project? Any failure message on your side???

Thanks

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There is no log I can check for this problem, it sounds like your machine is not connecting to the build system. Our EA release has a much improved process for connecting to the build system. You can download and install it without impacting your existing installation, you just cannot run it at the same time as the regular release. I recommend you install the EA release and see if it provides any additional information when you try to build. More details here > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/606746

0 Kudos
Peter_L_5
Beginner

Hello,

Yes, I tried the EA version yesterday and it works perfectly! I will stick to that. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos