Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel App Preview Login problems

Peter_G_
Beginner

I have an xdk account on my windows 7 machine, no problems login to intel

When I try to setup an app preview account on my iphone 5s or my ipad2 with latest "intel app Preview APP, which installed properly" it says i cant because an account allready exists.

so

When I try to login to app preview on my iphone or ipad with my email address it says my account id is wrong

so

When I try to login to app preview on my iphone or ipad with my accountid it says my password is wrong

MY HEAD IS SPINNING by now!

And don't ask me if i have the latest app loaded form the itunes store because I have it. And I have the latest xdk as well.

WHAT A frustration!

Maybe this system is NOT ready for prime time or am i your newest bug checker or you dont like apple IOS. 

Peter

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Serkan_S_
Beginner

I was having a similar problem on Samsung Note 2, I had to turn off autocorrect from the settings. (http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3-canada-bell-rogers-telus/356452-how-do-i-disable-auto-correct-note-3s-keyboard.html) Why would a password field need to be auto-corrected, beats me! It would be nice to have show password checkbox, so people could debug the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

This could be an issue with your mobile device caching your data. 

I recommend that you do the following:

• Uninstall the Intel(R) App Preview mobile application from on your mobile device
  • Restart your mobile device
  • Install App Preview from the App Store

This should resolve your issue with logging in to through the app.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Another thing to try is confirm your userid and password work in the https://appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com. This is where you connect when you use App Preview and the XDK. Also, I have seen some devices "eat" the password when you try to enter it on App Preview, this is a known bug that is under review. I've only seen it happen on Android devices. The workaround is to change the keyboard to another keyboard and that usually allows you to login.

Unfortunately, your Intel Developer Zone userid/password is different that your XDK userid/password. We had hoped to unify those earlier this year but are waiting on some services from our internal IT folks to be completed before we can make such a change.

0 Kudos
Jose_C_2
Beginner

I have the same issue.  I was using a Samsung Charge with no problem and just switched to the S5.  I've done all the suggestions above with no luck.  I have verified the user/pass and it's correct.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Did you change the keyboard on your S5 to a different keyboard and then try to login?

0 Kudos
Jose_C_2
Beginner

Yes, I changed to the GO keyboard with no luck.

0 Kudos
Serkan_S_
Beginner

I was having a similar problem on Samsung Note 2, I had to turn off autocorrect from the settings. (http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3-canada-bell-rogers-telus/356452-how-do-i-disable-auto-correct-note-3s-keyboard.html) Why would a password field need to be auto-corrected, beats me! It would be nice to have show password checkbox, so people could debug the problem.

0 Kudos
Manny_G_
Beginner

Am having the same problem and am using Nokia lumia 520

0 Kudos
David_A_1
Beginner

I have the same problem - on both a LGG2 Android phone and my iPhone 5. The latest version of Intel App Preview I have does in fact have a "show password" option so I can confirm that I am typing it in correctly and that the userid and password matches my Intel web account.

Yet I keep getting the "invalid name or password" error and cannot proceed.

Note that I can use the bar code scan feature to load directly into my app, but I would like to be able to authenticate properly as well.

Dave

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I have reported this issue to engineering.

0 Kudos
David_A_1
Beginner

More info - my account is recognized, because if I try to re-register using my email, it detects that my email address is already in use.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Engineering has been trying to reproduce this issue, but has not been able to. When we are able to reproduce the issue it will allow us to debug the problem, until then, please update us with any specific symptom details.

0 Kudos
Aleksei_N_
Beginner

Hello! I have the same problem on both of my phones - via iPhone 4 and Android Nexus 5 Lollipop I can't login into my account! - Application write to me - "your login or password is not correct"

From web browser (desktop computer) everything is fine! Please people, repair it! I need to debug and run my apps!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I've asked for some debug features to be added to a future version of App Preview so we can figure out what is causing this problem. We have been unable to reproduce the issue and, therefore, are unable to resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
GCHD_Partners_LLC_T_

Well here it is February 2015. I am having this same issue on a Surface RT, a Galaxy S3, and an HTC One.

" We have been unable to reproduce the issue and, therefore, are unable to resolve the issue."

Seriously? What other wonderful non-reproducible errors await my customers and investors?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I will reiterate the issue with engineering. Do you have the most recent version of App Preview from the store? It was recently updated so that you can enable a "show password" option.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Test your userid and password here: https://appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com -- if you can login there you should be able to log into App Preview on your device.

0 Kudos
Luis_H_
Beginner

Same problem here, I can access the Intel Developer Zone, but not in appcenter, I get "User Name / Password does not exist", but a few days before I logged into the system with success.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Please see the posts here, it sounds like you may be having a problem with the userid unification process that is underway. Start with this thread https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/543276#comment-1818921 and it's probably worth reading further down the thread.

0 Kudos
Rodrigo_Moraes
Beginner

I had the same issue that you, and I solved it when I download App Preview from another Android Store, Aptoide. I can't put the app link from aptoide, but yu can search App Preview on Aptoide Store and download it.

0 Kudos
jackson__marjor
Beginner

Here I am saying to solve this problem you just follow these steps -

1. First, you check your internet connection, if the internet connection is poor then you most likely the Intel XDK will have create problems with uploading or downloading your app completely.

2. You can download opt to your built app from your INTEL registered email.They always mail you a link to your built app - instead of downloading it via the XDK.

3.  Deleting the previous app build on your INTEL XDK server.

4. You just avoid editing your source code as the Intel XDK is uploading your app.

Hope so it will work.

iTunes Tech Support Number

0 Kudos