Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel G33 Graphics / HDMI Problem

siegeld
Beginner

I have a PC with a G33 integrated graphics controller connected to a Denon receiver via the HDMI output. The Denon receiver has an HDMI switcher and is connected to a Sharp flat screen TV. When I select the Denon input to switch the PC to the TV, set the monitor resolution on the PC to be 1080i, all works fine. If I switch the Denon receiver to a different input, and then switch back later to the PC, sometimes the PC will return to the 1080i output, but sometimes it has switched back to a lower resolution. I'm not exactly sure what the Denon receiver does on the HDMI port connected to the PC when that port is not selected.What I would like to do is to lock Intel G33 to be at a resolution and not have it automatically switch. Wondering if, first, I'm making any sense, and second, if anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Intel_C_Intel
Employee

I have seen this reported before. This doesn't happen on all systems, but it appears to be a bugbetween some drivers and HDMIreceivers with Intel's Persistence functionality.

Try CTRL-ALT-DELETE to open Windows Task Manager, click on the Processes tab,highlight igfxpers.exe, and click the End Process button.

See if this fixes the matter. If it does,you can make the fix permanent by editing the registry, finding

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun

and deleting the "Persistence" key.

0 Kudos