Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Kotor 2 crashes

sime_svgmail_com
Beginner
Hey, my problem is the same as most of the users here with kotor 2. The thing is I've played this game before in a worst computer and in this one won't start. After the initial movie in the game, after creating the character, the game crashes and the typical message appears... kotor 2 blah blah. I've tried everything for a long time... changing files, pathes, compatibility, etc... Downloaded several versiones seeing if it's corrupt but no...
Hope someone can reaaly help cuz u all know how much sometimes u want to play a game and u can't... here are my pc properties...

Sony Corporation - VGN - NR150FE
Microsoft Windows XP Proffesional (32bit)
2 GB RAM
Intel Core 2 Duo PC
Sony Corp VAIO
Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family
Monitor Plug and Play

Thanks in advance for any help I get!
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Aubrey_W_
New Contributor I
Hello,

The Intel Software Network is a community for software developers and Intel engineers. For this issue, we recommend you contact the software vendor.

For support for the Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family, please visitIntel Product Supportat http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support?iid=hdr+support .

Best regards,

==
Aubrey W.
Intel Software Network Support
0 Kudos
maverick0706
Beginner
Typical. Pass the blame around to places where it doesn't belong. It isn't now nor has it ever been a game issue. It's the Mobile Chipset family that is to blame.

See... the Mobile Chipset family gets no support and the drivers and software are often modified by the computer manufacturer. You can try to install Intel generic drivers, but intel's response is something to the effect of "HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA you can't." Meanwhile, AMD mobile chipsets run this game and all others I've played flawlessly.

Bottom line... It's your fault, Intel. The integrated graphics on the mobile chipsets aren't par for the course at all. Nevertheless... KOTOR2 should play, and NOBODY seems to know why. Not Intel, Microsoft, Obsidian, Lucasarts.... no one
0 Kudos
James_B_13
Beginner

Hi,

I have been having exactly the same problem. I tried to run KOTOR 2 on my laptop (Windows 8) and it failed at either the intro or after starting a new game. At first I thought that the problem was because my computer was Win 8, but later realised it was because I was using an Intel graphics card and driver.

I have successfully played this game on another Windows xp computer of mine with an nVidia graphics card and driver.

I'm annoyed at how Intel seem to be handling this complaint because I agree that this issue is not to do with the game but instead the Intel hardware. There are lots of online forums discussing the problem but not many seem to have a good answer.

Hopefully someone will know!

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Typical. Pass the blame around to places where it doesn't belong. It isn't now nor has it ever been a game issue. >>It's the Mobile Chipset family that is to blame... There is No a complete error message in the original post and because of that how could anybody tell exactly what is going on ( tens or reasons are possible )? sime.svgmail.com, Please provide more technical details and a complete error message text is needed in order to see if the problem is related to any Intel's components ( software drivers or hardware ). Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Please post the log file or dump file.Without this any help cannot be offered.

0 Kudos
James_B_13
Beginner

I have attached a photo of the window that appears when you try to automatically configure the game to your computer.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Probably GPU raw processing power and/or some devcaps insufficient.

0 Kudos
abbas_p_
Beginner

Do not be surprised . it is a usual event for intel.      They always make worst drivers in the planet. This game needs 32 MB OpenGL 1.4 compliant AGP or PCX 3D Graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability.  

Can you believe it? just 32 mb ......Than Why its  give error whatever ı try ?  because  of hardware ? no hardware is fine  ..   All problem related with software. All problem  belongs the world's worst graphics card driver. All problem belong  to your lazy  developer team. There is 11 years have passed.  and  still this game cannot play on İntel Graphic card.  and  you can still insist  you and  your drivers hawe no fault ,and pass error elsewhere. shame on you guys shame on you.

Realy This is very embarrassing for a great company like intel.   On the other hand   ati and nvidia graphic card work this game with flawless. I am poor  guy from turkey. ı spent my precious money to your products until now. And   I'm very regretful. do not offent  but ı feel very bad about you.

but I wıll finish my highscool soon. When  ı finish, ı wıll take  new computer with my first paycheck. And  this computer hawe no parts of intel. Than  ı will finally  play  this  game.I vowed never again me or my relatives take the intel items. it's all over between us. Your company and me , we are done

confidentially speaking; I will have a degree in computer engineering. So  please  do not  try attempt to deceive. I know 100% percent  your driver is guilty.

My computer: Lenovo g580 with  İntel celeron b800 cpu with intel hd graphic

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Why do you want to play 11-years old game? When you will have your first paycheck then you will be eager to buy newest DirectX 11 or maybe DirectX 12 games. 

0 Kudos