Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Licence Problems when Installing 2016 Compilers

Ben3
Beginner

Hi,

I'm having trouble installing the new (2016) version of the compilers on our cluster. I've downloaded the packages from the Registration Center, however when I go to install them it complains that the licence server "does not have a valid licence for this product":

intel-2016-2.png

I've updated Software License Manager on the licence server to the latest version and re-downloaded the licence files from the Registration Center, but it still didn't fix the problem. The licence server is definitely working, as I can check out a licence using an earlier, already-installed version (e.g. 15.0.3.187).

According to the Registration Center, our licence is valid for this product, and our maintenance is still active (with a couple of years left, in fact):

intel-2016-1.png

I've now run out of things to try to get it to work... can anyone give me any hints?

Thanks,
Ben

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I had a look at the instructions in this sticky post about going form 2015 to 2016, but they didn't help. Following the "Download Latest Update" link just takes me to the normal download page - indeed, it's how I always download updates (or is this the "product upgrade page" it's talking about?). As far as I can tell, the serial numbers listed there are the same as they've always been.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello,

Can you provide a SN for the product you are trying to upgrade privately via " Send Author a Message" link? 

Regards,

0 Kudos