Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

License file error for installation in a single, shared file server

Sam_M_1
Beginner

Hello, 

First I would like to acknowledge that this question has been asked in others' posts, but the solution offered there did not seem to resolve my issues. 

I have installed the Parallel Studio XE 2016 Cluster Edition for Linux Update 3. The installation seems successful only on the head node as I can compile Fortran codes using ifort. I have created the appropriate module file and do point the INTEL_LICENSE_FILE environment variable to the correct path; all the compute nodes can access and load the module file without problem. However, running ifort on the compute nodes gives me the following error about licensing: 

Error: A license for Comp-FL is not available (-9,57).

License file(s) used were (in this order):

Please refer http://software.intel.com/sites/support/ for more information..

ifort: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license

I appreciate it if you could please help me resolve this issue. 

Thanks in advance,

Sam

0 Kudos
2 Replies
James_T_Intel

Hi Sam,

My immediate guess is that you are using a system locked license which you installed and activated on your head node.  This activation is only valid on your head node.  Please see https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mpi-library-licensing-faq#system-locked for a description of how system locked licenses work on a cluster.  I recommend activating on the head node and a compile node.  You can install the runtime-only components (libraries, collectors, etc.) on all of your nodes, as these do not consume a license.

Do you have further questions?

James.
Intel Developer Support.

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Since I have not heard anything from you, I'm going to close this thread on the assumption that everything is working as expected now.  If this is not the case, please feel free to start a new thread for further questions.

0 Kudos