Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Linux Intel Fortran Compiler License Expired?

Pedro_L_1
Beginner

I am supposed to have a perpetual license.  This compiler was working fine back in April on this machine, which is not connected to the internet.  I have the Intel Composer XE 2011 product, and it shows fine in my intel account.  Trying to run ifort, I get:

"Error:  A license for FCompL could not be obtained

Your license has expired.

License file(s) used were (in this order):

1. Trusted Storage

** 2. /opt/intel/licenses/COM_L___****-********.lic 

ETC ETC ETC "

The actual serial number is in the asterisks in the license file name in the message.  I need help to resolve this.  The license file is in /opt/intel/licenses as it should be, and its name is correct.  I checked the file in my intel account, and it is the same as what is on this machine.

Thx.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

If this license is registered to you, it may be worthwhile to go to https://registrationcenter.intel.com and have a refreshed copy of your license emailed to you.  If that doesn't do it, there's the companion forum on licensing and registration.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I'm moving this to the licensing forum. They will help you. I found two licenses registered to you, both of them permanent (though their support terms have expired.)

0 Kudos
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Pedro

I'm now taking look at your issue.

Have you installed any evaluation before using the product license? Do you have other licenses located in your license folder. The expiration notice might be caused by your previous evaluation.

In this case, you can follow instructions in below article to activate your product:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/converting-an-evaluation-license-to-a-fully-licensed-product-using-the-intel-activation-tool-iat

In other cases, you may send me your license file or serial number through private message.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Yolanda Chen

Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos
Pedro_L_1
Beginner

Yolanda,

I sent you a message, along with the license file I am using.

0 Kudos
Julian_G_
Beginner

Hi,

I have an "Educator" license, for several computers. My license expired in an exact same way. When I enter registrationcenter.intel.com it says that all licenses are expired (it seems that they lasted one year).

How should I renew the licenses?

Can I keep the current version of the software (Educator Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux 2015)?
(I would prefer this, since some of the software on my computers relay on this specific version, otherwise I would to recompile lots of software...)

Thank you, best,

Julian

0 Kudos