Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

List scrolling (swiping)

Selcuk_K_
Beginner

Hi,

i am trying to make a list and this list will have more than 100 elements. therefore i need to make this list "scrollable". but i cant. so what is the problem? i am using the appbuilder and xdk version 2727. a copy of my index file is attached. i looked up all kind of forums but the answers don't go beyon iScroll or overflow: hidden, scroll etc. any help will be thankfully accepted.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Selcuk_K_
Beginner

after experimentig i found out that it isn't only a problem of listview, but in general: i just can't overflow the size of screens.

0 Kudos
Selcuk_K_
Beginner

another update: i made a few new projects for testing purposes and it turns out that everything is working fine (in subpages too) until a sidebar is addded. then the scrolling cracks down. so the problem is something related to the sidebar.. but what?

0 Kudos
Selcuk_K_
Beginner

next update: problem is caused by hammer.js. so i tried the workaround with overflow but couldn't really determine where to apply and therefore tried every spot but doesn't work. here is the same question asked https://software.intel.com/de-de/forums/intel-xdk/topic/589638 . 

0 Kudos
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

I have escalated this issue to the Intel XDK App Designer team.

0 Kudos
Selcuk_K_
Beginner

thanks. please note that i found a (probably temporary) solution in changing this part : $upage.data('hammer').get('swipe').set({
      direction: Hammer.DIRECTION_HORIZONTAL
    });

in the swipe-hammer.js file. initially it was set to all directions.

will this cause any errors?

0 Kudos