Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Listview Widget

Mercedes_B_
Beginner

Hi

I just started using Intel XDK and I'm using the Design view.  I selected the Listview template and I have 6 items already provided.  I need more ListItems and I can not find where you can add more.  

1. Can you do this in the GUI Design view or do you have to copy the code to produce more ListItems?

2. Can you use custom icons?  It appears the default is icon.png and it's the only choice.

Thank you for guidance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

You can add additional "List item" elements by doing the following:

1. Select the list item that you want the next list item to be inserted after.
  2. Right click the "List item" element in the Widgets pane on the Left panel
    1. Select "Insert at Current Position" option in the popup menu

The icons are all css based so you are limited to the collection of icons under the "Icon" dropdown list on the Right panel's Properties pane.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

You can add additional "List item" elements by doing the following:

1. Select the list item that you want the next list item to be inserted after.
  2. Right click the "List item" element in the Widgets pane on the Left panel
    1. Select "Insert at Current Position" option in the popup menu

The icons are all css based so you are limited to the collection of icons under the "Icon" dropdown list on the Right panel's Properties pane.

0 Kudos
Mercedes_B_
Beginner

Thank you

1.  I was trying to drag and drop.  Even right clicking on the widget gave me only Help, so I went to the bread crumbs and selected from the top and then it worked.

2.  I was looking for the List icon to add to the top title bar which is not available in the default set of icons.

0 Kudos
Mercedes_B_
Beginner

Here's a photo of the list item icon on the title bar that indicates it is available with this template. ( Scroll down to SideMenu App.)  Thanks

https://software.intel.com/en-us/html5/articles/templates-to-get-started-with-html5-mobile-app-development

0 Kudos