Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

MSvisStudio Service pack

rahzan
Novice
I have installed CVF6.5 after an installation of MSC++6.0 which required a service pack and/or a thingie under MDAC25.exe

Does the installation of the CVF6.5 neutralize the effect of this service pack, or....?

Thanks, Tim H
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
"Neutralize a thingie"? Are we allowed to do that?

If you installed Service Pack 4 or 5, download and install the 6.5A update and that should take care of it.

Steve
0 Kudos
rahzan
Novice
I think with proper authorization it IS allowed particularly under desparate situations.

But I should ask to be sure: install 6.5a AFTER installing svcpack-4 of MSDEV (and mdac2.6) right?

can I just install the whole CVF from the 6.5A patch? or is it an add-on to the original disk install? if the original disk can be skipped, does 6.5A go before or after MS svc pack?

Where can I get the 6.5A patch?

Thanks,
Tim
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
6.5A is an add-on patch, available
0 Kudos
rahzan
Novice
Thanks Steve,
After I did this, I can no longer access the help topics for fortran. Only the MSDN stuff comes up when I open help. What gives?

Timsky
0 Kudos
durisinm
Novice
Try Tools, Options, Help System tab, and choose Compaq Visual Fortran in the Preferred Collection drop-down box.

Mike Durisin
0 Kudos
rahzan
Novice
OK? that worked, now the only problem remaining is c++ is no longer available as a "language" in the properties dialog of the source file.

boyoboy the fun never ends.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I have no clue regarding the source file language issue - where exactly is this supposed to be? Maybe MS changed something here...

Steve
0 Kudos