Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Missing Push Notification Entitlement Question

John_F_3
New Contributor I

We don't use push notifications but we get the same email from each submission to the app store:

Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to include API used to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature's entitlements do not include the "aps-environment" entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the "aps-environment" entitlement

Legacy iOS build has a button for including push notifications but unchecked it still results in the same response from the app store. I did some experiments with a project checked and another with unchecked (there is a warning about it can't be undone) but the result is still the same.

Ideas?  Ignore as it is harmless?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Legacy builds should not be used. We highly recommend that you move to the Cordova builds and you will have more control of things. The legacy builds will soon be deprecated. We are currently not making any changes to them.

Is this just a warning from apple, or an error preventing the submission of your app? 

0 Kudos
John_F_3
New Contributor I

John H.,

This is present on the Cordova build--I only tried the legacy because it has a selector which claims to control push notification.

We do not know if it is harmful for app store submission because we are only doing the Internal TestFlight distribution at this time. Can somebody comment on this?

0 Kudos