Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Monitoring Hardware In Application

tom_grimes
Beginner
I have the need to monitor hardware temperatures in application. I have been unable to locate any information on this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Many thanks.
tom
0 Kudos
5 Replies
LexiS_Intel

Greetings fromIntel Software NetworkSupport.

If you can provide additional details regarding which specific hardware components you wish to monitor the temperature of, and for what type of application, we will see what we can find.

Regards,

Lexi S.

IntelSoftware NetworkSupport

http://www.intel.com/software

Contact us

Message Edited by intel.software.network.support on 12-01-2005 10:15 AM

0 Kudos
ron_thomas
Beginner
I have a similar need. Specifically, I need to be able to programmatically read the motherboard temperatures, fan speeds and power supply voltages for an Intel D865PERLK motherboard.
0 Kudos
Intel_Software_Netw1
Greetings from Intel Software Network Support.
Generally speaking, if the information you are looking foris not available on the Intel Hardware Design web site, it is very likely confidential and would need to be obtained through an Intel Representative after signing any required legal agreements. If your company has its own Intel representative, you may wish to inquire whether they are able to assist with this inquiry. Your company's Purchasing Department will normally have your Intel representative's contact information. If you have no contact, please see http://www.intel.com/buy/networking/design.htm under "Design Components" (this URL has information for all hardware designers, not just network hardware designers).

If your location is not listed, please see an Intel Authorized Distributor and ask for a Field Application Engineer (FAE). Our Intel Authorized Distributor list is also linked from the URL above.

Regards,
Lexi S.
Intel Software Network Support

Message Edited by intel.software.network.support on 11-15-2005 11:40 PM

0 Kudos
ron_thomas
Beginner
I appreciate you responding but you work for Intel and as such should be able to tell us which Intel API is required. I wouldn'tthink this information is confidential because utilities like Active Monitor display this kind of data. Can you please dig into this a little deeper and help everyone out?
0 Kudos
Intel_Software_Netw1
Ron,
We're sorry, but this is outside our area of expertise in our group.To view public hardware design documentation on this board, we do still recommend visiting the Desktop Boards section at developer.intel.com. For more involved hardware design assistance, we would still recommend contacting an Intel Representative or an FAE at an Intel Authorized Distributor in your region.
Here are some additional support contacts you may find useful:
Intel Desktop Board technical support(select product family and line)
Intel Early Access Program - a fee-based software enabling program for ISVs which includes access to Intel engineering resources
Regards,
Lexi S.
Intel Software Network Support

Message Edited by intel.software.network.support on 11-15-2005 11:41 PM

0 Kudos