Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Multi-user usage of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 on CentOS 6.3 server

Oguz_O_
Beginner

Currently we are using F95 with old versions of ifort and MPI with a CentOS 6.3 server and currently we want to buy academic licenses of  Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 for both CentOS 6.3 server and Windows 7 machines. 

I want to ask that only having the licenses for Parallel Studio XE 2016 for Linux and Windows 7 is enough  for distributed memory applications with Fortran CoArray  or do we need to buy any other licenses for effective usage? 

Besides, Does, having a licence for Linux let us multi-user permission in CentOS server? Can you briefly give me a list of licenses to buy for our requirements?

Thanks in advance

Oguz K. Onay

0 Kudos
3 Replies
James_T_Intel

Oguz,

To use Co-Array Fortran, you will need to ensure that you get an edition of Intel® Parallel Studio XE that includes Fortran.  The only ones that don't include Fortran are the ones specifically calling out C++ without Fortran.  You will need a separate license for Linux* and Windows*.  If you will have multiple users, you can either get a Named User license for each user, or get a floating license with enough seats to accommodate your users.  Please see https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-parallel-studio-xe for information on what is in each edition of Intel® Parallel Studio XE.

James.
Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos
Michael_S_17
New Contributor I

Hi,

I think you will need a Cluster Edition if you want to use coarrays on a distributed memory machine.

regards

michael

0 Kudos
Oguz_O_
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you very much for your quick reply and help.

Best regards

Oguz

0 Kudos