Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

New Version 2170 OSX Issues

Alexander_F_
Beginner

Now I have to review all my code that works fine in the previous version, fx, when I try to close a popup before with only click in close button works and now doesn't work, here is the code.

<pre>

<a href="#edit_business_email" data-rel="popup" data-theme="a" data-transition="pop" data-position-to="origin" style="color:#226ab5;">Edit</a>
                            <div data-role="popup" id="edit_business_email" data-theme="a" class="ui-corner-all">
                                <a href="javascript:;" data-rel="back" class="ui-btn ui-corner-all ui-shadow ui-btn-a ui-icon-delete ui-btn-icon-notext ui-btn-right">Close</a>
                                <div style="padding:10px 20px;">
                                    <h3>Business Email</h3>
                                    <input type="text" name="edit_business_email" id="edit_business_email" placeholder="business email">
                                    <button type="button" class="ui-btn ui-corner-all" onclick="save_editable('edit_business_email')" data-rel="back" data-transition="inverse" >Save</button>
                                </div>
                            </div>

</pre>

I notice that the data-rel="back" doesn't work now.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Alexander_F_
Beginner

Mmmm I detected that the problem with this issue is only in Emulator instead when I tested on device works fine, then is an issue with the emulator in this version 2170 OSX.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I exchanged some emails with the responsible engineer and he believes this may be related to simulation of the history mechanism inside the Emulate tab -- which may be breaking your code. However, it's not entirely clear if that is the problem...

Perhaps this thread might help: https://github.com/jquery/jquery-mobile/issues/5950

0 Kudos
Alexander_F_
Beginner

Yes I saw this thread and follow the instructions but still I have the problem but only in the Emulator.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

A bug has been filed, but it is not clear how long it will take to resolve the issue. Certainly not before the next release. Releases typically happen in a 6-8 week cadence.

0 Kudos
Alexander_F_
Beginner

Thank you

0 Kudos
Alexander_F_
Beginner

Hey a new issue here, before with this command I open a new window and a back button appeared to return to my previous page but now is gone, without change nothing.. any advice could help,

thank you in advance.

window.open(url, '_blank', 'location=yes');

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

My guess is it has to do with the domain whitelist, but this only affects built apps. It is not clear to me if you mean this is impacting you in the Emulate tab, in App Preview, with the Debug tab or in a built app. Please clarify.

FYI -- here is the whitelist explanation: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/cordova-cli-412-domain-whitelisting-with-intel-xdk-for-ajax-and-launching-external-apps

0 Kudos
Mark_B_3
Beginner

I have similar issues in the emulator.

In this latest version data-rel='back' does not work. 

I am using Windows. Intel XDK 2248. This looks like a bug introduced in a recent version of the emulator.

Can someone from Intel have a look at this please?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Yes, this appears to be related to a bug that was introduced in the 2170 release of the Emulate tab. The 2248 release contains a simple hot-fix that did not address any of the Emulate tabs, it only addressed a login issue. Please see the release notes for additional info and try using the Debug tab to debug you app, as a workaround to the Emulate tab. The Debug tab will automatically sense changes to your files if you use the built-in editor (it should do this for any editor, but currently does not, this is a known bug).

0 Kudos
Alexander_F_
Beginner

Hey still with the same issue in the new version, I have this html line, but when I clicked on back button nothing happens

<a href="javascript:" data-rel="back" data-transition="flip"><i class="fa fa-chevron-left"></i></a>

I appreciate any comments ASAP, thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There's a new version coming out fairly soon that contains some code fixes that should address your issue.

For the long term I recommend you don't use the "javascript:" protocol inside of links in html tags, it is considered a security risk and the standard security settings in future Cordova releases are changing some of the rules regarding security, due to apps getting rejected from stores for security issues.

0 Kudos