Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

New manual

newport_j
Beginner

What is id number of the new Intel Cilk++ Programmers manual and where may I download it?

Also,

I asked this question on another forum andI am not sure if the answer is correct.

Is there a way to have a source command such as

source ... ia32

run automatcally upon booting the Ubuntu pc up?

Add your
source command to the system file /etc/rc.local.

Is this correct?I am reffering to

source compilervars.sh ia32

That I must run often.

Thanks in advance.

Newport_j

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Barry_T_Intel
Employee

> What is id number of the new Intel Cilk++ Programmers manual and where may I download it?

The Intel Cilk Plus documentation is merged into theComposer documentation which was installed onyour system when you installed the compiler. Look in /opt/intel//Documentation/en_US/compiler_c/compiler_documentation_c.htm. Then click on "Intel C++ Composer User and Reference Guides".

Expand the tree for "Key Features" and you should find a section on "Intel Cilk Plus".

> Where to put "source compilervars.sh ia32"

I'm mostly a Windows developer, so take this advice with a (large) grain of salt. And besides, we mostly use nightly builds of the compilerinstead ofinstalled kits, so we don't setup our systems this way. But I'd probably putthe source statementin my personal .bash_profile file. I don't know where to put it for all users of the system.

- Barry

0 Kudos
newport_j
Beginner

I am looking for the updateddocuments on Cilkview and Cilkscreen. I do not think they are covered in the document that you told me where to find. The current documents on Cilkview and Cilkscreen were dated as of last month.

Also, I need to know where the switches are that check the c code for things like independence of loop iterations. I havealready done that myself, but it would be nice to to havesecond check. Does the document you cite have this section in it -the switches?

Thanks in advance.

New_port_j
0 Kudos
Barry_T_Intel
Employee

Cilkscreen and Cilkview are documented in cilktools.html which is shipped as part of the Cilk Plus SDK.

Yes, the documentation I pointed you to includes the compiler options. Look under "Compiler Reference" for "Compiler Options". Unfortunately, I don't know which option would check for loop interation independence. But Cilkscreen should track any races down for you.

- Barry

0 Kudos