Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Noncommercial license does not work with the latest Vtune Analyzer version

thesurfjunky
Beginner
Dear all,

I just want to report that the license file send out to be used with the non-commercial version of the Vtune Analyzer does not work.

Invalid license file

Please make sure that the file you provided at /home/aron/Work/Compiler/Intel11.1/new/vtune_linux_9.1/NCOM_L_VT__NR47-*****.lic is a valid license file with active support for the Intel product you are trying to install. If you are installing on a native-language system other than English, please make sure that the full path to the license file uses only English characters.

It says that the license is not valid, whereas the evaluation version for the same product works well ...

The serial number cannot be checked since the error below pops up with kubuntu 10.04

Please type a selection or Serial Number: NR47-******

The Intel Software Setup Assistant may attempt to connect to the
Intel Software Development Products Registration Center to validate your Serial Number.
This may take several minutes depending on your network. Please wait...

You may press Ctrl+C to cancel.
secore.new: relocation error: /lib32/libresolv.so.2: symbol strlen, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

However, before you go crazy because I am using unsupported version of Kubuntu, with the evaluation version it works just fine ...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
eliosh
Beginner
Exactly the same problem here.

When I check my license status on Intel's website I see the following note:

The support period for your license has expired. To download this product update, you will need to purchase renewal licenses to extend your support from your expiration date (03 Dec 2009) to the build date of this product update (03 May 2010). Note that support for new renewal licenses will begin on 03 Dec 2009.

What does it mean exactly? Cannot I use the free version anymore?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee
Hi, Eliosh

As stated previously, you can just go ahead to obtain a new non-commercial license as what you did before.

"Non-commercial license holders are supposed to obtain a new non-commercial license every year. We do NOT extend support for non-commercial licenses, as they are free licenses and the customers who use them need to follow our established process to just obtain a new license annually."

Please let me know if you need more assistance.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
eliosh
Beginner
Yolanda hi,

I probably do something wrong. However, I went to Intel's Vtune wepage, seceted to download the latest version of free Vtune for Linux. At some stage I was asked to register, however, when I entered my email address I was identified as a registered user and was asked to log in. Once I did that I could download the package. And got an email with my license number and license file. BUT, the license file (and number) is what I got a couple of years ago ant it expired on 2009 December 3rd.

Moreover, when I go the Intel's Resitration Center and try to resiter my Vtune (is is not shown by default since the lisence has expired) I recive again the same outdated lisence file.

How can I re-new the license?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
bucky83
Beginner
Quoting eliosh
BUT, the license file (and number) is what I got a couple of years ago ant it expired on 2009 December 3rd.

Same problem here!

0 Kudos