Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

OTA Install

Alexander_F_
Beginner

Hi any update with this bug, this happens when I clicked on the email sent by IntelXDK when is finished building IOS App,

thank you.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
0 Kudos
Alexander_F_
Beginner

OTA Install Link doesn't work, please help ASAP

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Which XDK version are you using?

What happens when you click OK in that prompt?

Have you tried unchecking  "use a secure download link" email after building before sending the app in the email ID?

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Are you using the default mail app on the phone?

0 Kudos
Alexander_F_
Beginner

Yes, by the way is taking a long time to upload the project to the cloud when you clicked on TEST or try to build the App, takes more than 5 mins in the process, even more.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

How large is your project directory?
Do you have a lot of plugins?
Whats your internet connection speed?

0 Kudos
Alexander_F_
Beginner

Size of the Directory:  http://prntscr.com/917ti9
Plugins Directory: http://prntscr.com/917ty5

PD: The size of Directory, the Plugins and The Internet Speed Connection is the same that I have before update to the latest version of Intel XDK OSX, by the way OTA Install Link still doesn't work.

Thank You! 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

That is a very large project, 135MB. I suspect it is simply taking a long time to upload and download. What is the size of the IPA that results from a build? You can download the IPA directly to your system from the build screen, and side-load that onto the device using iTunes.

0 Kudos
Alexander_F_
Beginner

The question is if the size of the directory is the same before update to the latest version why before was fast and now is very slow and according your answer the OTA link is broken and I have to upload my build by Itunes or you are working in fixing the OTA Link.

Thank You!

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

We did not change anything with how your code is uploaded from the XDK.

If it is slow downloading via the OTA link in the email, that is an issue with your internet speed.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Alexander, I just built an iOS app and emailed it to my test iPod. When I click the OTA link I get the following screen. Are you seeing something similar?

BTW -- this link ONLY works with the default iOS mail application, if I try to click that link using the gmail mail app or the outlook mail app it does not work. The link ONLY works with the Apple mail application.

Unknown.png

0 Kudos