Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Open project on different computers

Kobus_D_
Beginner

I (new to Intel XDK) have created a project on my laptop and started some basic development of the application. I want to open the same project on my desktop and continue where was. The problem is when I use Open An Intel XDK Project and point it to the appropriate .xdk file, the project open but I can not see the CODE and DESIGN buttons on the DEVELOP tab.

How do I correctly open the project on a different computer (desktop / laptop)?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

I am using Dropbox for a long time. It is a good tool for it. Besides, with Dropbox, in case of error (your or system), you have 30 days to get old version of files.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Kobus -- I believe you are seeing a reported bug in App Designer, that is related to how it stores some project data in a machine-specific format, and it gets confused when it views the data from another machine. I don't recall the details, but try this:

• rename the <project-name>.xdke file that is stored in the top-level directory of your project to something like <project-name>.xdke.bak
  • try opening the project on your desktop

Let me know if that fixes things. I'll also alert the App Designer engineer.

0 Kudos
Kobus_D_
Beginner

@Hamilton, I am also using dropbox. @Paul. I have renamed the .xdke file and opened the project on the desktop an still can not see the Code or Design buttons.

0 Kudos