Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

OpenGL extension, Texture Rectangle to OpenGL 1.5 for 945GM

clivemccarthy
Beginner

I downloaded the latest driver (4926) for the 945GM expecting support for the"OpenGL extension, Texture Rectangle to OpenGL 1.5" but when I run the various extension viewers (and my own code) the extension does not show up?

Ostensibly ARB_texture_rectangle should remove the power-of-two restriction on texture dimensions so this would be very helpful. The title of this feature added in baseline 14.32 is suspicious because, as far as I know, this extension has nothing to do with OpenGL 1.5 and the 945GM driver isbased at OpenGL 1.4?

What is meant by this "New Feature" released in February this year (2008)? Is it ARB_texture_rectangle? And how does one gain access to it, if not by the standard OpenGL extension methods?

And while I'm writing, will GL_CLAMP ever be supported properly? I'm using bordered textures and want to get rid of the bordering artifacts that the 945GM causes. My application runs cleanly on Nvidia hardware.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Eric_P_Intel
Employee
Quoting - clivemccarthy

I downloaded the latest driver (4926) for the 945GM expecting support for the"OpenGL extension, Texture Rectangle to OpenGL 1.5"

Are you able to test on a GM965 or newer platform (G35/G45 family)? Recent drivers for these chipsets have significantly improved OpenGLsupport (2.0 + FBO/PBO)in Windows. Which OS are you using?

- Eric

0 Kudos
purga
Beginner

Are you able to test on a GM965 or newer platform (G35/G45 family)? Recent drivers for these chipsets have significantly improved OpenGLsupport (2.0 + FBO/PBO)in Windows. Which OS are you using?

- Eric

It works on GM965 chips and better, but just not 945GM.

The reason people start requesting this to be implemented (Texture Rectangle) is due to netbooks. Most of them are still based on 945GM, and with this extension enabled, many games can be played with upgrade to trhow away their laptops.

Please, have this feature really implemented for the 945GM family, not just for 965 based.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Chuck_De_Sylva
Beginner
Quoting - purga

It works on GM965 chips and better, but just not 945GM.

The reason people start requesting this to be implemented (Texture Rectangle) is due to netbooks. Most of them are still based on 945GM, and with this extension enabled, many games can be played with upgrade to trhow away their laptops.

Please, have this feature really implemented for the 945GM family, not just for 965 based.

Thanks.

The problem is that part is EOLed. So I can enter a bug for it but I doubt it will get addressed.
0 Kudos
delacy__david
Beginner
Quoting - clivemccarthy

I downloaded the latest driver (4926) for the 945GM expecting support for the"OpenGL extension, Texture Rectangle to OpenGL 1.5" but when I run the various extension viewers (and my own code) the extension does not show up?

Ostensibly ARB_texture_rectangle should remove the power-of-two restriction on texture dimensions so this would be very helpful. The title of this feature added in baseline 14.32 is suspicious because, as far as I know, this extension has nothing to do with OpenGL 1.5 and the 945GM driver isbased at OpenGL 1.4?

What is meant by this "New Feature" released in February this year (2008)? Is it ARB_texture_rectangle? And how does one gain access to it, if not by the standard OpenGL extension methods?

And while I'm writing, will GL_CLAMP ever be supported properly? I'm using bordered textures and want to get rid of the bordering artifacts that the 945GM causes. My application runs cleanly on Nvidia hardware.

the power of two restriction can be removed for this chipset
im fairly certain 945G can do non POW 2 stuff just they dont know it or didnt test it
0 Kudos