Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

P12 File Issues

Jonathan_G_3
Beginner

Hello,

I am having an issue trying to upload a .P12 file to use for building an iOS App.  There are 2 of us developers here that are hoping to each be able to do builds from time to time on separate machines so we were hoping I could use a .P12 file (from the other machine) to use for building apps on my machine.  We have tried several different way to get the .P12 from his machine over to mine which the appropriate certs and key pairs according to several different sites including the Intel XDK docs but still when I upload it to my Intel XDK it keeps saying 'Invalid P12 file'.

Information:

Intel XDK version 2323

Mac OSX Yosemite (10.10.4)

Any help out there?  Thanks! 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Pamela_H_Intel

After transferring the p12 file, did you install it using the password you created when you exported it?

0 Kudos
Jonathan_G_3
Beginner

Yes I'm pretty sure I did.  When I got the file I double-clicked on it which opened up the Keychain Access and then it prompted me to enter the password for it which I did.  It looked like it all added to my keychain properly which is part of reason why we are stumped on this.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Are you using distribution certificate or development certificate? You should be using distribution certificate.

0 Kudos
Jonathan_G_3
Beginner

Yup it's the distribution certificate that we used to make the P12 file.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Does the P12 work on your friend's computer? What's the exact error message when you try to upload?

0 Kudos