Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

@PAUL F. performance optimization of CLI 5.1.1 CW15

MATRIX_R_
Beginner

hi all,

hi PAUL F.

regarding this post https://software.intel.com/fr-fr/forums/intel-xdk/topic/595067

you say that we have to set it to true or false and it depend on the type of the app ...

can you be more specific about what you mean by "type of app" ?

i'm using construct 2 (what i have to set to true or false) and really appreciate the new performance of the CLI 5.1.1 CW15 now we really see the difference

now small thing need to be solved to make intel xdk and crosswalk the best for android is "the file size"

thanks a lot

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The info I have from the Crosswalk team is what you see in the comments in that post. There are only two options, you should simply build it both ways, one way true and one way false. A variety of things change as a result of switching between true and false. Pick the one that gives you the performance and visual effects that work best for your app.

In other words, there will be three outcomes as the result of such a test:

• true gives you the performance and visual effects you want
  • false gives you the performance and visual effects you want
  • there is no difference (in which case, I would leave the option out and let it go to its default value)

p.s. We are aware of the desire by many developers for a smaller Crosswalk image and are working with the Crosswalk team to determine if we can bring down the size of the Crosswalk runtime. There is no guarantee that this will happen; if we are successful we will announce it as an option for Crosswalk builds.

0 Kudos