Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Parallel Studio XE 2016: icc fails as non-root

Roberto_S_2
Beginner

I just installed Parallel Studio XE on Linux to evaluate it.  I chose the 30 day evaluation license when the installer asked how I wanted to register/license the product.  I performed the installation as root, but icc won't run as non-root:

user@trusty:~/Downloads$ sudo /local/opt/intel/bin/icc --version
icc (ICC) 16.0.3 20160415
Copyright (C) 1985-2016 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

user@trusty:~/Downloads$ /local/opt/intel/bin/icc --version

Error: A license for Comp-CL is not available (-157,424).

License file(s) used were (in this order):
    1.  Trusted Storage
**  2.  /local/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.3.210/linux/bin/intel64/../../Licenses
**  3.  /home/user/Licenses
**  4.  /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Intel/Licenses
**  5.  /local/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.3.210/linux/bin/intel64/*.lic

Please refer http://software.intel.com/sites/support/ for more information..

icc: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license

I tried uninstall and re-installing several times with both the command-line and GUI installers.  However, the result is always the same.  Can anyone help me get the license sorted out?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jennifer_D_Intel

Hello,

When you evaluate the product without a license it uses trusted storage to manage the license.  For non-root users you should use a license file in one of the other folders.  If you don't have a license number, can you send me the email you used for the evaluation in a private message?

Thanks,

Jennifer

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been addressed. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos