Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Parallel Studio for Linux Platform

louisb
Beginner
Can we expect to see Parallel Studio for the Linux Platform in the near future?

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi,

Presently, there are no announced plans but will keep you updated if any new information becomes available.

Also, please visit the Intel Knowledge Base at http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/tools/to findinformation and articles on various products that are presently available (including for Linux) that you can
use today.

-regards,
Kittur
0 Kudos
David_M_Intel3
Employee
Quoting - louisb
Can we expect to see Parallel Studio for the Linux Platform in the near future?

Thanks

lousib,

I would like to ask you what is it aboutIntel Parallel Studio is it you want to see replicated on Linux? If you look at www.intel.com/software/products you see we differentiate between the Intel Parallel Studio (which is tightly integrated into Visual Studio) and the HPC product line. The HPC product line is offeredfor both Windows and Linux. Both product lines are designed to provide developers with the basis to create threaded software that provides at great performance. What features of Intel Parallel Studio do you want to see on Linux? What IDE do you want to see it coupled with?

-David
0 Kudos
Showflash
Beginner

lousib,

I would like to ask you what is it aboutIntel Parallel Studio is it you want to see replicated on Linux? If you look at www.intel.com/software/products you see we differentiate between the Intel Parallel Studio (which is tightly integrated into Visual Studio) and the HPC product line. The HPC product line is offeredfor both Windows and Linux. Both product lines are designed to provide developers with the basis to create threaded software that provides at great performance. What features of Intel Parallel Studio do you want to see on Linux? What IDE do you want to see it coupled with?

-David

Since this issue involves Linux I would go with the most popular open source IDE and that would be, Eclipse.

http://www.eclipse.org/
0 Kudos