Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Performance Power Management

Richard_W_Intel
Employee
Google Performance Power Management Plug-in
Download and Installation Instructions
Hi all we have updated the links to Intel's Power Performance Google Gadget. To gain access to the setup program directly click on the URL below:
This should be all you need to install the gadget. However ifthe install fails due to not having the Microsoft C Runtime available on your machine you may download the runtime with the following link:
Then try running the setup URL again.
If you have any other problems you or comments I would encourage you to post a message here or contact me directly at richard.winterton@intel.com
Thanks,
Rich
0 Kudos
13 Replies
gbrloconnor
Beginner
hallo,i need to get my google side-bar on my desktop
0 Kudos
suppachaimk
Beginner
I am a ner user, please advise me to use your program.
0 Kudos
cmircea1
Beginner
Click on the link in the first message, download it and follow the instructions.
0 Kudos
ralm
Beginner

Tried to download today got "Node not found"

Any idea where it got moved to ?

0 Kudos
Intel_Software_Netw1

Links are updated above.

==

Lexi S.

IntelSoftware NetworkSupport

http://www.intel.com/software

Contact us

0 Kudos
wlsx361
Beginner

Had to go the way of vcredist_x86.exe then setup but nothing came up after install??? strange

0 Kudos
Jason_Z_Intel
Employee

you may try this URL to install this google desktop gadget

Intel Power Performance Manager for Google Desktop

0 Kudos
surf123fella-support

I downloaded the file at the link softwarecommunity.intel.com/ISN/Home/SiteImages/3/setup.exe and followed the instructions. I was troubled by getting at least two warnings that the Publisher was Unknown. If I hadn't downloaded directly from an Intel or other trusted site, I probably wouldn't have installed the item. It wasn't listed as having been certified with Google either. It doesn't seem to have caused any problems on my system and it's running fine so far. In the current environment of Malware prevalence I think these are matters than Intel should take seriously with their position as one of the market leaders in several arenas. I realize that you get far more messages than you can respond to and I don't expect you to respond to mine either but would be delighted if you did. I have another issue with some aspects of your web site but I will address them in a more appropriate forum than this. Thank you for your attention and any response or enlightenment would be welcomed.

0 Kudos
postaquestion
Novice

The GDS Perf meter would be of much greater value if it could display the info needed for proper battery recalibration! Perhaps these could be "mouseover" values shown on the graph?

1) On the bottom "percent" graph, tell me the current, full charge and design capacity in mWh. That way I know if recalibration has accomplished anything, and if I have truly taken the battery to complete charge (ready for recal)

2) On the charge rate, mouseover could show fractional (not just truncated integer) watts of charge/discharge

3) in the log file, it would be great to have the current voltage as well.

ALSO... just for clarity...

a) The "maximum samples" ought to mention that's the max # displayed. At first I thought it would terminate after that many samples :)

b) Does this work with more than one battery?

0 Kudos
Intel_Software_Netw1

Here's a tidbit about the gadget from a customer report we received and a conversation with Rich: If no Timevalue is showing upin the gadget for your battery, thenif your laptop is plugged in, unplug it and check again. Some batteries dont provide the information needed for time when the battery is plugged in.

==

Lexi S.

IntelSoftware NetworkSupport

http://www.intel.com/software

Contact us

0 Kudos
Jason_Z_Intel
Employee

Dear all,

We just release v1.1 of Intel Power Performance Monitor Gadget for Google Desktop. Please go to get the new Gadget software at ISN download site.

0 Kudos
Jason_Z_Intel
Employee

the latest Intel Power Performance Gadget information and download link.

0 Kudos
Richard_W_Intel
Employee

Times and technologies have changed in the last few years since Google discontinued their Desktop Search Product.  Although the technology and products have changed the need for writing power efficient software has not.  In fact with everything more mobile than ever paying attention to CPU power and frequency information is even more important.  The Google Desktop Power Gadget is discontinued but I would highly recommend looking into the Intel Power Gadget located at http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-power-gadget-20.  As always Intel is more than happy to help provide developers tools and suggestions on making the best software possible.

0 Kudos