Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Pixel Shader 2.0 ????

silence_pain
Beginner

hi
i have motherboard Intel DG31PR and i try to play some games and its always gove me this message
(( Failed to initialize Direct3D! Make sure you have DirectX 9.0c installed,and are running a graphics card that supports Pixel Shader 2.0. ))
and i have windows 7 with directx 11 its already install with the windows i dona know what to do and i have all driver work and install so please help me in that did my VGA card support (( Pixel Shader 2.0 )) or what
Thanks For helping

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Abhay_Hegde
Beginner
Firstly, do you have a Graphics Card?
If you have it , download the necessary drivers along with DirectX.

Failed to initialize Direct3D! Make sure you have DirectX 9.0c installed,and are running a graphics card that supports Pixel Shader 2.0.

This generally means you don't have the necessary hardware .

Please be more specific in your post, like which game are you trying to play, your system configurations etc.
0 Kudos
silence_pain
Beginner
Sure i have graphic card and i install it and the game i try to play i its BoneTown so i wish u can help me in that
0 Kudos
ABHISHEK_S_Intel
Employee
Your DG31PR has got GMA 3100 integrated graphics card and it should support PS 2.0. But since you are saying that you have installed the Graphics driver, can you check if its installed properly. To do so you have to open Device Manager (by right clicking on My Computer icon and clicking on Manage option). Then in Device Manager look for "Display Adapters" on right side window. Under that node, you should see the name of your graphics accelerator ie Intel GMA 3100 something. Make sure that you dont have any Yellow Bang icon beside your driver's name. If you see any bang then it means your Graphics driver is not installed properly and you have to install it properly.
By the way, which OS you are using?
0 Kudos