Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Problem when installing 945GM drivers

floodz
Beginner
Hello. I just reformatted my computer and when I went to reinstall the drivers for my display, it says the minimum system requirements have not been met? I dont understand whats going on. Can some one help?
I have a Dell Inspiron e1505.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Aaron_B_Intel
Employee

Dell has its own customized versions of the Intel drivers, and expects you to get your driver upgrades from them instead of Intel. Trying to protect you from yourself, really, or at the very least from driver upgrades it doesn't believe are good enough for you.

Essentially, Dell changes the name that the graphics chipset calls itself when reporting to the OS. When you try to install the Intel graphics drivers from the Intelwebsite,the driver installerdetects your graphics chipset as [some name Dell gives it] instead of "G965" or "945G". It could probably be hackedby figuring out what Dell is calling the device and shoehorning it into a regular Intel .INF file, but I can only speculate as I have sworn off Dell.

0 Kudos
floodz
Beginner
I know this. I get the same problem when installing the drivers from the dell website. I then tried d/l from intels website....same thing.
0 Kudos
northgagal
Beginner
Hello,

I have been reading with interest the posts regarding the 945GM as I too have a problem with an external monitor.. I have a dell latitude d520 and a Samsung 910T that won't display or when it does, I can't get it to display the native (1280x1024) resolution. I have read elsewhere on the web, that in order to use the latest Intel driver on a Dell machine, you must download the Intel driver, uninstall the Dell Driver and then install the latest Intel driver and then reboot. I don't know if this works, because I am not in the mood to screw up my machine.. but if you are game.. it sounds reasonable... Here's a link about installing Intel over Dell..

http://forum.notebookreview.com/archive
/index.php/t-61077.html

Good Luck,
Morgan
0 Kudos