Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Problem with Images in XDK 1816

Hakim_T_
Beginner

Hi All,

I am experiencing a weired problem since I upgraded to XDK 1816 2 days ago, I have a panel that has a list view, I am in the process of updating icon images but crazy results are happening, images seem to be not loading the latest version and showing old ones, and sometimes showing the new ones but listview not showing correctly I have one element missing in the view. So i am just lost need to a small quick update to my app and got stuck for 2 days first the version code problem with crosswalk now this images problem I am so desperate to get this done today any help you can provide is highly appreciated.

PS: For fast loading I have encoded images in base64

Thank you

Hakim

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hakim_T_
Beginner

I just find out one VERY strange thing, Updates to index.html were not taken place, I have checked the files when XDK was open from another text editor (BBEdit) and both versions were the same, now when I closed XDK and reopen it, it reverted back to my previous version now I see why images are showing my previous version it is just because all changes I have made were not applied to index.html thank go it was only changes affecting images.

I am honestly not happy at all with this version of XDK, so slow and becoming unreliable.BUT I trust you guys in fixing those issue fast & efficiently.

Thank you for the good work.

Hakim

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Hello Hakim,

Are you able to repeat the behavior where index.html file is  not being saved? If so please write the exact steps to reproduce. I tried with sublime and it works just fine.

Thanks,

Swati

0 Kudos
Hakim_T_
Beginner

Basically the behavior is somehow intermittent , but does not happen when you open the XDK app, I used it almost for 8 hours straight to start experiencing this strange thing.

Unfortunately I am not able to deliver any more steps to reproduce the problem,

Thank you

Hakim

0 Kudos