Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Problem with apk on google store

davide_z_
Beginner

Hi everyone.

I have a biiiig problem,when i build my app and upload it on google store everytime the apk don't run on my 3 tablet (chinese tab android 3.2,chinese android 4.2 and android 4.2 galaxy tab). Don't know why,on android 3.2 and 4.2 i can't find it on store. The same on my friends' tablet like lenovo .

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Shailen_Sobhee
Employee

Can you please tell me the specific model of your three tablets? The processor architecture might be the issue here. But let's find out to eventually solve this problem.

0 Kudos
davide_z_
Beginner

Hi Shailen

-Galaxy Tab p3110

-Simbans s75w

-Ainol Novo 7 Aurora

0 Kudos
Shailen_Sobhee
Employee

Hi Davide, 

- The Galaxy Tab P3110 has a TI OMAP 4430 (ARM) processor.

- The Simbans S75W has a  Cortex A8-based processor (ARM)

- The Ainol Novo 7 Aurora has an Ingenic JZ4770 Xburst processor (MIPS).

As you can see, these device sport different CPU architectures and therefore, when you deploy your app to the Play Store, you need to make sure that the app has support for all the various ABIs (Application Binary Interfaces) that concern you.

Let me give you a little head start with this topic: We have a nice article (link) describing the submission of apps on the Play Store for Intel(x86)-based devices. You can use the same idea there for other CPU architectures (in your case, ARM and MIPS).

Note that Intel-Architecture-based devices have support for apps compiled for ARM out-of-the-box. 

I hope this was helpful :)

0 Kudos
davide_z_
Beginner

Thx for the reply Shaile!! very helpful !

Probably the error is linked to this. Everytime that i've uploaded an APK i create an app on google store. So i've uploaded the apk of android build for telephone and arm for tablet, ignoring the x86 build. My fault. So now if i use the multiple upload and use all APK u think that all gonna be alright?

0 Kudos
Shailen_Sobhee
Employee

I feel positive about it but try it out and let me know :)

0 Kudos
davide_z_
Beginner

Hi Shailen

The same error. On galaxy tab  work fine but when i try with other 2 tablet to search for download my app i didn't find it and if i search from web everytime say to me "your device isn't compatible with this version". I've read on web that plugin can "broke up ball" to google filter. Example, if i include camera plugin and a tablet don't have it google have problem to show app for ipotetic device.

Let me know :)

Davide

0 Kudos
Shailen_Sobhee
Employee

Hi Davide, 

Yes that is possible. Maybe you are requesting for some hardware permissions in your manifests and the two other devices do not support these features. On another note, your devices support ARM and MIPS. You need to make sure that native libraries in your applications are compiled for all the CPU architectures involved.

By the way, do the APKs work on your device, except that you cannot find them on Google Play?

Let me know.

0 Kudos
davide_z_
Beginner

Yes this is my problem, when build and install (manually) i don't have any type of problem but, on google play store i can't find it. I've uploaded 3 apk,arm x86 and normal for android, all with the same version. So how can i check if my builds are compatible with all CPU? and if there is a prob with some plugin, example Camera plugin, there is a way to specify, maybe in android.config.xml, if the camera is available run this plugin in other case don't initialize the plg.

Davide

0 Kudos
Jorgesys
Beginner

Based on the comment:

do the APKs work on your device, except that you cannot find them on Google Play? Yes this is my problem

The problem must be that Google play is filtering your app in some devices, this is probably because in your Manifest.xml you are defining some  hardware features, that some devices doesn´t have/support for example:

<uses-feature
    android:name="android.hardware.camera"/>

Try using required property, for example:

<uses-feature
    android:name="android.hardware.microphone"
    android:required="false" />
<uses-feature
    android:name="android.hardware.telephony"
<uses-feature
    android:name="android.hardware.bluetooth"
<uses-feature
    android:name="android.hardware.camera"
This is the info:
android:required
Boolean value that indicates whether the application requires the feature specified inandroid:name.
  • When you declare android:required="true" for a feature, you are specifying that the application cannot function, or is not designed to function, when the specified feature is not present on the device.
  • When you declare android:required="false" for a feature, it means that the applicationprefers to use the feature if present on the device, but that it is designed to function without the specified feature, if necessary.

The default value for android:required if not declared is "true".

0 Kudos
Haroon_K_
Beginner

Hi ! I think it is a hardware problem kindly tell me the details of your devices i will find out . Thanks ! Haroon

0 Kudos
Intel_A_
Beginner

Shailen Sobhee (Intel) wrote:

Hi Davide, 

Yes that is possible. Maybe you are requesting for some hardware permissions in your manifests and the two other devices do not support these features. On another note, your devices support ARM and MIPS. You need to make sure that native libraries in your applications are compiled for all the CPU architectures involved.

By the way, do the APKs work on your device, except that you cannot find them on Google Play?

Let me know.

Yes i agree with Shaile ! but this can be possibly a hardware or software problem

0 Kudos
Intel_A_
Beginner

Shailen Sobhee (Intel) wrote:

Hi Davide, 

- The Galaxy Tab P3110 has a TI OMAP 4430 (ARM) processor.

- The Simbans S75W has a  Cortex A8-based processor (ARM)

- The Ainol Novo 7 Aurora has an Ingenic JZ4770 Xburst processor (MIPS).

As you can see, these device sport different CPU architectures and therefore, when you deploy your app to the Play Store, you need to make sure that the app has support for all the various ABIs (Application Binary Interfaces) that concern you.

Let me give you a little head start with this topic: We have a nice article (link) describing the submission of apps on the Play Store for Intel(x86)-based devices. You can use the same idea there for other CPU architectures (in your case, ARM and MIPS).

Note that Intel-Architecture-based devices have support for apps compiled for ARM out-of-the-box. 

I hope this was helpful :)

Yes it is obviously helpful but there is a chance that there  might be a software problem

0 Kudos