Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Problems setting up 4-Camera R200 rig with 2m usb3 cables.

Benjamin_W_
Beginner

Hi there,

We are trying to set up a 4-camera R200 rig with 2 meter long USB3 cables connecting the R200s to the PC.

However, we have only been able to get 4 cameras working at once with the short (40 cm) USB3 cables that are supplied with the cameras. However, single cameras work OK with 2 m cables.

I would be interested to know:

1. if anyone has got a multi-cam R200 setup with long cables working, and whether there were any special hardware requirements necessary to achieve this.

2 . what is is the maximum length of a usb3 cable that can be used with the R200 and how does the number of cameras affect this.

3. whether this is a driver issue that can be fixed by Intel.

Regards,

Ben Wilson.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Johannes_V_
New Contributor I

I have seen a system of 4 R200 cameras in use with a 3m USB3.0 cable. I heard there were some discussions about the quality of the cable, just dont use the cheap ones. Afaik the 4 cameras are working without any additional hardware. Do the fields of view from your cameras overlap?

0 Kudos
Benjamin_W_
Beginner

Hi Johannes,

Thanks for your reply. The fov do overlap but I thought that as R200s are largely passive, this was would not be a problem. However I do know that there is some I/R emitted to fill in feature-free areas, perhaps this is an issue after all.

Ben.

0 Kudos