Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Problems with Intel XDK 2496

Jesús_R_1
Beginner

Hi,

I have updated Intel XDK from 2366 version to 2496 today and I´m having a lot of problems adding third party plugins. For example imagine I want to add this plugin to my project: https://github.com/awoken-well/cordova-plugin-proximity

According to its XML file(and that is the way I followed in the 2366 version) this is the information I need to load the plugin:

But now, if I load the plugin with these parameters the app does not work.

I have tested several plugins and none of them work so perhaps It is my fault.

Please help!!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jesús_R_1
Beginner

Well, I have changed the location of the project to other directory and now the app runs well...so, Could it be a problem with the working directory?Maybe a bug in the new version...

I´m working with a Mac

0 Kudos
Julian_H_Intel
Employee

Yes, that might be it.

There is a known problem with build 2496 such that adding a plugin from a git repo will fail if the user's temp folder is on a different device from your project folder.  The best work-around is to move your project.

Behind the scenes, when you add a plugin from a git repo, the XDK clones that repo into a temporary folder.  Then it moves the contents of that folder into the subfolder of your project's plugins folder.  This move was done in a way that doesn't work across devices.

0 Kudos