Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Problems with License manager for FLEXlm

S_M_
Beginner
I have recently got a floating two seat license for Intel Fortran and figured the best place for the LIcense Manager would be the network server. However, whenever I try to run the set up program I get the message
"Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

The server is running Windows Server 2003 (SP 2). I am logged in as Administrator. It doesn't seem to matter where I try running the setup program from.

I have tried using both the setup.exe extracted from the Intel download, w_flm_p_1.0.011_ia32.zip and the one which is supplied in w_cprof_p_11.1.054.exe.

The program will start when launched on my desktop, but as I don't tend to leave it on when I'm not it the office I thought it might be better placed on the server and that is the MAC address I have registered with Intel.

Thanks for any assistance.

Steve.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
KitturGanesh
Employee
Hi Steve,
Just letting you know that I am investigating this issue and will update you soon. Yes, I do see you have a floating license and valid expiry date.

My hunch is the problem may be resolved if you right click on setup.exe and select "run as administrator". However, I am investigating this with the flexlm folks and will get back to you as soon as I've an update.
Appreciate your patience in the meantime.

-regards,
Kittur
0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee
Hi Steve,
Take a look athttp://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrclients/thread/1b903da5-2740-440b-a1f1-de354a5c310e It looks like there may be two solutions to this problem:

1. there is "UNBLOCK" button when you right click on the executable file, which will allow you to install the application.

2. On the Windows 2003 server, go to add/remove windows components, then uninstall the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security component.

Let me know if the above fixes the issue.

In the meantime, I should have asked you to to make sure you've installed and configured the the license server to correspond to the OS and the architecture?

Also:

1. The link http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/download-registration-licensing/ gives you important information on many key topics;and if you go to Intel License Manager link from there, you'll be able to able to find information on flexlm user's guide and how to install and ocnfigure etc.

Let me know if you've configured accordingly, and if the above suggested solutioons resolved or not?

thanks,
Kittur
0 Kudos
S_M_
Beginner
Hi Kittur,

Thanks for your suggestions.

There was no "unblock" option, nor could I apply "Run As...", but uninstalling the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security component did the trick.

I might just add that I needed to log out and back in again before I could run setup.

Now let's find out if I've configured it correctly.

All best,

Steve.
0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee
HiSteve,

Glad to hear the issue was resolved. Yes, I'll make a note of what you mention (log out & run setup again). please go over the Flexlm user guide, and ensure you've configured correctly since there are many stepsto follow.

_Cheers, Kittur

0 Kudos