Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Query for license migration of Visual Fortran application at Delphi

Aradhana_K_
Beginner

Hello Visual Fortran Support,

This was regarding the Visual Fortran license that Delphi currently hosts from its Troy location.

The license is currently hosted on a Windows server.

As per the new plan the hardware is going to be made into a Virtualized hardware. (Windows 2008 R2 Standard Edition 64-bit and VMware) Attached is the current license file currently hosted on the server, provided by you.

So in view of the above changes, I would like to have some information on how we can safely migrate from physical hardware system to Virtual hardware for the licensing system.

Could you please answer the below queries:

1. As the hardware is being virtualized, so possibly the Mac address will change. This will need a new license file to be created? Am I right? If yes, then what information of the hardware/software do you require to generate a new license file?

1A. Will the new license work on Win 2008 environment?

2. Also, there are two possibilities of virtualization. One that the virtualization will be done on the existing hardware by just updating the software and two, the virtualization is done by building a new hardware from the scratch; so the query here would be, which case would require a install of the License manager for Visual Fortran Again. Or would it be required in both cases?

3. Again, if the install of license manager is required, could you please provide us a version of FLEXLM that would be compatible with the new license file that you would provide? And of course which would be compatible with the new OS and virtual environment. Current Flexlm version is v8.3

4. Can the existing license manager version/type be used or would there be a need to update to a later license manager software version/type? please provide the installer files for the new FLEXLM that would be compatible?

5. Is there any license constraints regarding the current purchased license, i.e. is it site specific, country specific, regional or global type license?

6. Is there a specific process to follow for requesting an updated license file due to server change?

7. Do we need to keep in mind some precautions/suggestions while we virtualize the license server. Any hardware/software changes required/avoided?

Kindly answer to the queries, so that we can execute the task.

Please include any suggestions/questions that you may have.

Thank you in advance, for your assistance and co-operation.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Light_Intel

This issue is very specific for your needs and better addressed via Intel Premier Support. If you have IPS access please submit a ticket there. If you don't please give include your email address and serial number in a PRIVATE post so I could look up your information.

Regards,

Noga

Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos