Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

R200 - Init failed

Dirk_K_
Beginner

Hej,

We have received two Intel Realsense R200 cameras some months ago and until now have problems getting them to work. Basically every of the sample applications crashes or displays "Init failed". We have the same problem with both cameras. Since we were never able to get any one to work in any way we are a bit stumped. (For all the diagnostics below I only plugged one of the two cameras we have into the computer.)

I was wondering if there are things that could be tried or if there is an obvious problem.

Here a bit of our current status based on the DCM thread:

1. Is the camera a peripheral ordered from Intel or is it integrated into the PC?  Being locked or in recovery mode differs between peripheral and integrated cameras.

It is R200 developer models ordered from Intel

2. In Device Manager, what is listed under Imaging Devices? (nothing, virtual driver, RGB, depth, webcam, etc..)

- Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (R200) Depth
- Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (R200) Left-Right
- Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (R200) RGB

3. In Device Manager, what is listed under USB Devices as a RealSense camera? (IF listed, does it end with the camera model number or with the word device?

See above.

4.  Are there any error codes (-4 is general camera failure; -3 is failed to init camera).

The GUIs say "Init failed"

Please also find the output of the SDK Information tool attached.

Best,
Dirk

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

Your CPU did not meet RealSense SDK requirement. You can find detail requirement @https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/index.html?doc_devguide_hardware_and_software_requirements.html

0 Kudos
mito_k_
Beginner

I'm having the same issues. However, I'm running up to specs - win10, xeon i7 [35xx].
Camera is visible in devices and in camera manager.
Firmware update does not work!
Camera "hangs/crashes" so the samples from SDK crash also,
none of them seems to work!!!!
Is this a real product??? or some BETA???
Help us intel!

0 Kudos
Dirk_K_
Beginner

@Mito

I don't think your processor fulfills their requirements.

I now solved my problem by using librealsense https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense. That works for me (I just need access to the depth and rgb values and don't need other processing that the realsense sdk provides). Might or might not be good enough for you.

0 Kudos