Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

RealSence R200 and LabVIEW

Ash_G_
Beginner

Hi there,

I was just wondering if there is a LabVEW API available for the RealSense or any way to get a 3D depth map from scene perception into LabVIEW?

Thanks very much,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Not sure if there's anything ready to use, but you could connect the two using librealsense.

0 Kudos
Ash_G_
Beginner

Thank you for your reply. I am completely new to developing with the RealSense. Would you be able to elaborate a bit more on librealsense or perhaps provide some links with a bit more information?

Thanks very much

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Sure, librealsense is the official cross platform library from Intel. You can get it from here:

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense

It does not contain all the functionality from RealSense SDK, but it allows you to obtain raw 3D data from the camera in almost any platform.

You could use that library to connect the camera to Labview, but you will need to make all the conversions, etc.

0 Kudos
Anders_G_Intel
Employee

Yes, we will post something shortly. You can use the RealSense.dll and create a VI wrapper fairly easily.

0 Kudos
Ash_G_
Beginner

Thank you for your responses. That certainly gives me a direction to look in.

Anders G, when you say post something shortly, are you referring to some API functionality for the RealSense in LabVIEW? If so, what would be the time frame for this? This would be a fantastic tool.

0 Kudos