Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

RealSense(CREATIVE VF0800) can't use, is it hardware problem?

霄鹏_潘_
Beginner

Hi folks,

I've got stuck. Last week I unboxed the RealSense(CREATIVE VF0800)and I installed SDK from here.

After then, I find camera's Power LED still no work, I've never seen it lit, is it hardware problem?

Or should I do more work?  What should I do?

My environment is Windows8.1 64bit/USB 3.0/Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz/8 GBytes DDR3 SDRAM

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Please add a screenshot of your Device Manager - with the Imaging Devices and the USB controllers itemized

0 Kudos
霄鹏_潘_
Beginner

Here is.

My PC have only two USB3.0 interface socket, one is used for RealSense ,another is uesd for nothing.

Sorry for my poor English :)

0 Kudos
霄鹏_潘_
Beginner

Colleen Culbertson (Intel) wrote:

Please add a screenshot of your Device Manager - with the Imaging Devices and the USB controllers itemized

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

It looks like you might be plugged into a USB 2.0 port (Hi Speed, 3.0 is super speed).  However there is one more reason it might not be working. It requires that your user folder have English characters only (and no numbers). 

0 Kudos
霄鹏_潘_
Beginner

Colleen Culbertson (Intel) wrote:

It looks like you might be plugged into a USB 2.0 port (Hi Speed, 3.0 is super speed).  However there is one more reason it might not be working. It requires that your user folder have English characters only (and no numbers). 

I'm sure I plug it into the USB 3.0 port which is the blue one, so I'm confused. Maybe my system identify it as USB 2.0, is right?

But how can I fix it.

And when I install SDK, it said not found RealSense device, but it was already connected to the pc, is that cause the problem?

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Being plugged in is not the problem.  Not finding a USB 3 port is the problem. Are any of your ports blue (physically colored blue)?

0 Kudos
Xiaosheng_Z_
Beginner

Hi,

Have you solved your problem now?how did you deal with it?

0 Kudos