17060 Discussions

RealSense Java Hand Joint Tracking Fails

Alberto_P_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to get hand joints with Processing 2.2.1 using:

if ( handConfig.IsTrackedJointsEnabled() ) {
            PXCMHandData.JointData hd = new PXCMHandData.JointData();
            sts = hand.QueryTrackedJoint(PXCMHandData.JointType.JOINT_CENTER, hd);

But QueryTrakedJoint() fails :

Error Log

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00007ff8d13c171a, pid=828, tid=1912
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_40-b43) (build 1.7.0_40-b43)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (24.0-b56 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libpxcclr.jni.dll+0x171a]

Java frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code)
j  intel.rssdk.PXCMHandData$IHand.PXCMHandData_IHand_QueryTrackedJoint(JLintel/rssdk/PXCMHandData$JointType;Lintel/rssdk/PXCMHandData$JointData;)Lintel/rssdk/pxcmStatus;+0
j  intel.rssdk.PXCMHandData$IHand.QueryTrackedJoint(Lintel/rssdk/PXCMHandData$JointType;Lintel/rssdk/PXCMHandData$JointData;)Lintel/rssdk/pxcmStatus;+6
j  HandTracking.draw()V+450
j  processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw()V+231
j  processing.core.PGraphicsJava2D.requestDraw()V+4
j  processing.core.PApplet.run()V+156
j  java.lang.Thread.run()V+11
v  ~StubRoutines::call_stub

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nacho_C_
Beginner

I am having the same problem, calling QueryTrackedJoint crashes the program. I have tried different combinations following the documentation, but the result is always the same. Anyway, it looks like the Java wrapper is pretty messed up, lots of the code snippets from the documentation are wrong.

Is there any expected date for the next release of the SDK? Looks like there is no way of having a demo for the early submision  deadline based on Java.

0 Kudos
Alberto_P_
Beginner

+1

0 Kudos