Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Realsense hand tracking sample program does not work.

Koki_T_
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I've received the Realsense camera. I tried install the SDK.

But sample program of hand tracking does not work.

All other sample program is work. My PC speck meet requirements.

Please tell me any ideas, any suggestions.

Best Regards, Thanks. 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Basaveswar_K_
Beginner

What OS & Processor are you using ?

0 Kudos
Avan_T
Novice

Min: Win8.1 Os, Intel Processor 3 Gen, Usb 3.0

0 Kudos
Koki_T_
Beginner

Hi, Basaveswar, and Avan.

Now I'm using a laptop PC installed Win 8.1 and i7-4710MQ, and USB 3.0 socket. I have tried to run all of sample programs in the Intel RealSense SDK 2014.

All other applications except Hand Viewer worked well, but only the hand tracking application didn't work. It i suddenly stops running at the same time when I start it. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

@Koki -  what language sample are you using?  What is the exact model number of your CPU?

0 Kudos
Mikhail_N_Intel
Employee

Can you elaborate how it stops - any messages in the app or VisualStudio debugger, failing module/call stack?

0 Kudos
Arun_D_
Beginner

Hello

while running my hand viewer sample the device disconnects and stops. Then again when I  start it works for sometime and then again stops.

all the other samples are running properly. 

Edit: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/536848#comment-1807797 Somehow this solved my hands viewer problem. 

0 Kudos
jing_h_
Beginner

Failed to pair the gesture module with I/O... when I presse start of hands viewer..

and the hand viewer sample doesnot work.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Hi Jing,

I got that error when using a 3rd Generation Intel CPU in my PC.  When I upgraded the parts in my machine with an Intel i3 4th Generation CPU and a compatible motherboard, the error disappeared and the hand sample and all the other broken samples worked.

0 Kudos
Koki_T_
Beginner

Sorry to late reply, and thank you for all of your cooperation.

Recently I have solved the problem. That results from my mistake, my Win 8.1 PC named my user folder with "Kanji" characters when I set up my account by adding my Microsoft account. After I renamed my user folder with alphabets only, all of the samples worked fine.

Regatds,

0 Kudos