Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Recovery mode? Camera not detected.

Jareth_B_
Beginner

I had installed the camera and it was working until I tried it later for a second time. My computer has an intel 4th gen. processor, windows 8.1 (64 bit), 8 GB of RAM, and 1 TB of Storage. So the camera should be working. Both the camera and the laptop were both being used for the first time.  I tried to reinstall the camera but it was not being detected so when I reinstalled the firmware update, it said that the camera was in recovery mode. Maybe that is why quite a few people are having trouble with camera detection by the software.  My computer is aware that the camera is plugged in and the software is not.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

can you describe where you saw "recovery mode" or post a screenshot?

0 Kudos
Jareth_B_
Beginner

Here you go. 

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

What version of FW was on your camera? Does the camera have a removable cord or is it part of the camera?

0 Kudos
Jareth_B_
Beginner

The cord is a part of the camera. It is not separate. I don't know the answer to the first question.

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

I believe you have the earliest version of the external camera released to developers. It sounds like the firmware was upgraded out of order (versions were skipped which messed up the upgrade path). When you run sdk_info, does it show a firmware version for the camera?

0 Kudos
Jareth_B_
Beginner

I tried to run that and it said nothing was found. Was I suppose to type that into the run operation on the computer? What is the proper order to install? I had it working then it stopped.

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

So since you've had the camera, you hae installed what? (R1 and R2 of SDK?, What DCM's and had you previously done a firmware update?)

0 Kudos
Jareth_B_
Beginner

I had just unistalled it. but as i try to install it, it does not detect it.

0 Kudos
Jareth_B_
Beginner

Just to be specific. My computer detects it but the software doesn't here are some snapshots.

0 Kudos
bob-voigt
Beginner

Hello Colleen, regarding your question above, "What version of FW was on your camera? Does the camera have a removable cord or is it part of the camera?", I just received my camera yesterday.  It has an attached cord.  According to the Intel store, the new version will not ship until Q2 and is only available for preorder at this time.

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

@bob. there were two "models" of the discrete forward facing cam released to developers prior to it being released integrated into platforms. the earlier had a removable USB3 cable while the latter that bore the Creative name had an integrated cable. It's possible some of the removeable cable ones still had earlier firmware than even 2.36.x

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

@Jareth - will email you privately to try and sole the camera issue.

0 Kudos
Jareth_B_
Beginner

The camera is still in recovery mode. I have not received good help yet. 

0 Kudos
Jareth_B_
Beginner

I have been having trouble with this camera. However now after reinstalling it several times, it is now working.  The only problem that I am having with it now is the scanning portion.

0 Kudos
Jareth_B_
Beginner

I am again having trouble with the camera. I was able to install the new 1.4 firmware and had it working but I was trying to install the most recent SDK and it was not being detected so I uninstalled everything and tried reinstalling it all again. Then I got and error code:-4  which states that "The installer failed to update the firmware of your Intel RealSense 3D camera. The camera firmware may be corrupted. Contact your computer manufacturer for recovery instructions."

0 Kudos
James_C_4
Beginner

I got the same error as you Jareth but I then unplugged the camera from the PC and plugged it back into a USB hub.  DCM then updated the firmware and installed the driver and I now have a working camera for the first time. I know it is not supposed to work with a hub but on my system it is and it would not work when it was plugged into a USB 3.0 slot directly on the laptop.

0 Kudos
edward_j_
Beginner

was this fixed in the end? I am getting the same issue and even intel cant help me!

0 Kudos