Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Regarding RealSense Camera shipping

Pruthviraj_N_
Beginner

Dear everyone,

I received two separate notification mails:

1.  Your Camera reservation has been approved, you can pre order the Camera at intel.com

2.  Agree to Camera Loan conditions in RealSense Challenge page, to receive the Camera if you become finalist.

I agreed the Loan agreement.

My confusions:

- Do i need to pre order the camera or wait to see for Nov 14 results and check list of finalists.

- Will all the finalists receive the cameras on loan or even they need to order the camera

Can anybody please clear on these parts?

Thanks a lot!!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Fritz_W_
Beginner

Hello,

As far as the Intel RealSense App Challenge 2014 is concerned, you do not need to reserve a camera.  All Developers who are invited into Phase 2 will have a 3D Camera shipped to them.  There is no charge to the Developers for Shipment, Value Added Tax, any Customs fees, or the usage of the Camera itself.  

Developers waiting to hear if they are invited into Phase 2 should visit their Intel RealSense App Challenge user profile, and make sure that their shipping addresses are up to date, and that they've accepted the ICLA check-box.

To reiterate, as a Developer in the Intel RealSense App Challenge 2014, you do not need to reserve one of the 3D cameras.  If you want to purchase a camera outside of the contest, then you can do so.

Best regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos
Hendra_K_
Beginner

Hi There.

I'm from Indonesia, will the camera arrive on time or maybe fast enough before the early submission demo end. And where will it be sent from?

Because usually it take more than a month for shipped things to come to my house from other country.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Hendra

0 Kudos
Janasro_T_
Beginner

Hendra K. wrote:

Hi There.

I'm from Indonesia, will the camera arrive on time or maybe fast enough before the early submission demo end. And where will it be sent from?

Because usually it take more than a month for shipped things to come to my house from other country.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Hendra

Hi Hendra ,

I'm from Indonesia too ,Nice to know you from Indonesia, is your location far away from the capital city

that i worried is if they are using FedEx for shipment , they will ask for extra charge ,

because of Bea Cukai Taxes , usually the value is two times more than the price of goods

0 Kudos
Hendra_K_
Beginner

Janasro T. wrote:

Quote:

Hendra K. wrote:

Hi There.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Hendra

Hi Hendra ,

I'm from Indonesia too ,Nice to know you from Indonesia, is your location far away from the capital city

that i worried is if they are using FedEx for shipment , they will ask for extra charge ,

because of Bea Cukai Taxes , usually the value is two times more than the price of goods

Hi janasro,

No need to worry about the "bea cukai" taxes, Intel has it cover. what you need to worry is your shipping address. Mine have some problem with that.

But I just manage to fetch my camera at Fedex office at West Jakarta. Make sure you always check your shipment status to know where your camera is.

We need to get in touch, maybe we can share about the development of realsense together. feel free to email me at

h.kusumah87@gmail.com

Regards

Hendra

0 Kudos
steve-vink
Beginner

There are no taxes to pay, because technically the camera still belongs to Intel. It has not been bought or gifted to you.

The package states on the outside that it is not a taxable item.

0 Kudos
Fritz_W_
Beginner

Hello,

Regarding any Duty or Taxes which the recipient receives a bill for:

Send a message to intelrealsenseappchallenge@thegameagency.com, and we will reimburse you for this cost.  Thank you for providing the receipt.  You will need to provide:

• Your copy of the receipt
  • A copy of your photo ID

Then please indicate how you would like to be reimbursed:

• PayPal - with accurate email address
  • Western Union
  • TGA Company Check which we Fed Ex to you.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
steve-vink
Beginner

I was sent an invoice from Fedex for the tax and duties. I called them, pointed out the line that says "Shipper Pays all Duty and Taxes" and they immediately cancelled my invoice. It was quick and simple :)

0 Kudos