Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Samsung released Android 4.1.1 ( Jelly Bean ) and it is available for download ( update )!

SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 ( 7" or 9" ) tablet owners, Do you know that Samsung released Android 4.1.1 ( Jelly Bean ) and it is available for download ( update )? My first impressions after I've updated my Galaxy Tab 2 7" ( from Android 4.0.1 ( Ice Cream Sandwich ) to Android 4.1.1 ) are very positive: UI is more consistent, simplier and in overall OS works faster. I will also check if a power efficiency is improved even more.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...I will also check if a power efficiency is improved even more... Some time ago I've posted the following ( Web-link: software.intel.com/en-us/comment/reply/328821/1714270 ): >>... >>By the way, I'd like to make a comment on a battery life of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7"). >> >>It worked for 9 hours 31 minute in one of my test without re-charging. So, it was pretty impressive and >>I strongly recommend the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 tablet ( especially 10" over 7" ). >>... I'm very impressed by what Google did and take a look at these results: - Test with Android 4.0.1 ( Ice Cream Sandwich ) - 9h 31m ( 571 minutes / November 5th, 2012 ) - Test with Android 4.1.1 ( Jelly Bean ) - 11h 34m ( 694 minutes / February 18th, 2013 / 21.5% longer! ) and this is for 2 hours and 3 minutes longer! Of course, the tablet ( battery ) is the same. In overall, power consumption in Android 4.1.1 ( Jelly Bean ) is reduced by ~20%.
0 Kudos
Mohamed_Ali_A_
Beginner

The new version is Android 4.2: A new flavor of Jelly Bean. you can download it

0 Kudos
Ahmed_BH
Beginner

to get the latest firmware for your tablet take a look here : sammobile.com/firmwares/

0 Kudos
shin
Beginner

thanks for the info ;)

0 Kudos
Sunil_V_
Beginner

Thanks for the update.

0 Kudos
Prince_Joseph
Beginner

Thank for the details, but new version is 4.2 right?

0 Kudos
JLuna5
New Contributor I

Hi, How I can update 4.0 to 4.1 of android os?

0 Kudos