Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

SenseManager Init Failed

Ben_S_1
Beginner

Hi, I have a new R200, everything installed correctly, and some of the samples (that do not require Scenemanager) run fine. librealsense runs fine.

But, when I try the augmented reality SDK sample, or the Sceneperception(which is what I actually need) I get:

RF_ScenePerception: Starts.

RF_ScenePerception: being configured...
SenseManager Init Failed
Press any key to continue . . .

I have rebooted, tried a different usb port, and reinstalled the DCM(latest version intel_rs_dcm_r200_2.1.27.2853)

I am on Windows 10, 64, and have a gtx970 gpu. Please see the SDK info text file attached. Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
dugua_y_
Beginner

Hi,

Did you try to run the x64 samples ?

In my case I am not able to init 32 bits scene perception on windows 10 x64. Only the 64 bits version works.

I already post about this issue but I did not get any reply.

Yohann

0 Kudos
Ben_S_1
Beginner

Aha, i found out what was wrong. the DCM service was never starting. uninstalling it, and re-installing as admin has fixed this for me.

0 Kudos
dugua_y_
Beginner

lucky you.

On my Surface Pro 4 I have unstalled and reinstalled many times but it still not working.

0 Kudos
Ben_S_1
Beginner

Have you checked in task manager that the DCM service is running? TaskManagr>Services>RealsenseDcmR200

Have you seen this:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense/topic/560608

There is a bat script that will start it. Worth a shot if you have not tried already. Good luck!

...not much support for this hardware it seems!

0 Kudos
Johannes_V_
New Contributor I

Ben S. wrote:

...not much support for this hardware it seems!

have you tried emailing the support team?

0 Kudos
Ben_S_1
Beginner
I did, and got this back : 'Thank you for contacting Click Support. Click does not provide technical support for the Intel RealSense Developer Kit. Please contact the Intel RealSense SDK forum for technical assistance at https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense. If you do not see an answer posted on the forum, please submit your question.' Is there a specific support email address I should be using? Thanks!
0 Kudos