Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Sidebar menu issue with 720x1280 screen resolution

Daniel_l_4
Beginner

Dear support,

I am using Intel XDK and AppFreamwork 2.1 to design a simple UI with sidebar menu on the left.

The sidebar menu displayed correctly with all emulators in the Intel XDK but it is occupied by title bar when I install the app on Android simulator with screen resolution 720 x 1280.

It seemed the sidebar menu is hidden by the title bar.

You can  refer the attached file for screenshot.

Could you help me how to resolve this issue?

Regards, Daniel

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Which widget are you using for sidebar? I tested with animated sidebar and it works perfect on device or emulator. Else PM your .zip file so that I can check .

0 Kudos
Daniel_l_4
Beginner

I am using AppFramework with default sidebar menu widget.

0 Kudos
Daniel_l_4
Beginner

One more thing is this UI layout issue is only occurred with 720x1280 screen resolution on Android device.

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I am suggesting you to use this one.

590728_0.PNG

Which widget are you using?

By android Simulator you mean Android Emulator or device?

0 Kudos
Daniel_l_4
Beginner

Helo Armrita,

Thank you for quickly response!

Yes, I did use the 2nd widget from the left in the list.

After select that, I did add more list items for selection.

And it all works well with Intel XDK emulators.

One test with physical device - Samsung Note 2- showed the UI layout error which sidebar is occupied by title bar menu.

Then I created a software emulator by using AVD Manager, I only set the screen resolution to "720x1280" and use default setting for others.

Then I can duplicate the same issue as screenshot displayed.

Need your advice how to debug this issue.

Regards, Daniel

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Try to test that on some another android device to reconfirm the issue. some times it resolves the issue.

0 Kudos
Matt_S_4
Beginner

Hi Support,

I have the same issue. I'm using the animated left sidebar. It works great in the emulators but I have tested on an iPhone 6 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 via the Intel preview app and with both devices. The app is under the status bar and the first option in the list is hidden. I'm using XDK build 3088, XDK-app-designer, App Framwork 3 and the project type is Standard HTML5

Is there a resolution for this?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I wonder if you need the statusbar plugin? See this for some links and the parameters that can be used to control it > https://github.com/gomobile/sample-hello-cordova/blob/master/intelxdk.config.additions.xml#L16

0 Kudos