Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Splash screen issue on iPhone 6 plus

Hooman_F_1
Beginner

When testing my app on an iPhone 6 plus, I briefly see the XDK default splash screen image, then my specified splash screen image shows.  Whereas on an iPhone 5 I don't see this behavior.  When launching the app, I just see my splash screen image (as expected).  Is this a bug/issue in the app or some project setting I am not aware of?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

I have escalated your issue to the engineering team.

0 Kudos
izadi
Beginner

I'm experiencing the same issue with XDK v1995.  The default Cordova splash image appears before the custom splash image just on iPhone 6 Plus.  

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

The engineers in charge of this informed me yesterday that they are looking into this. Bit of a tricky issue I have been told. I will let you know once the bug gets taken care of.

0 Kudos
Pedro_O_
Beginner

Hello,

I had the same problem in my application, was already made available a solution for this case?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Pedro_O_
Beginner

Hello,

Some evolution on the problem?

I downloaded the new version of XDK (2323) and the problem persists.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

This is still a bug that has not been addressed. 

0 Kudos
Leo_N_Ng_
New Contributor I

I have a same issue. The splash screen has "Cordova Icon" is showed first. If I build iOS with CLI 3.5 , it works as normal. But the problem happened when I published with CLI 4.1.2. Hope someone can help ?

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

This is a bug in our system that needs to be addressed. There is nothing you can do with your code/project to alter it. We home to get to it before the next release.

0 Kudos
Pedro_O_
Beginner

Any news on this issue?

0 Kudos
Jeff_S_
Beginner

Has there been any resolution to this yet?

I'm finding that on iPhone 5, depending on which base-level cordova plugins I use (from the list available within the app) the app will boot by scaling from the icon to the splash with a black screen, then flip to the set splash screen image. On the iPhone 6 it works properly, but on the iPhone 6+ it boots with the default Cordova icon. I've created a new project with a blank template to eliminate variables here and it still happens.

This is a major bug in your software. Nobody can release a professional app to the app store with the Cordova robot popping up at splash on one of the most popular phones in the world. How do I resolve this? I've been using your kit for the entire build and finally at pre-launch we noticed this and I'm stuck.

0 Kudos
Patrick_H_2
Beginner

i habe the same Problem.. but it's not so hard like the cordova Icon on Settings or push notifications =D

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

@ Patrick ~

Did you specify to correct size icon in the additions file?

0 Kudos
wang_m_
New Contributor I

I have repoted this issue for 2 times and my app has published for some days ,the issue is still there Cordova splash screen then my splash screen ,won't you fix it?

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

This issue was fixed last week. You will need to make sure you specify the correct images in the XDK and then upload/rebuild your app.

0 Kudos
Patrick_H_2
Beginner

JOHN H. (Intel) wrote:

This issue was fixed last week. You will need to make sure you specify the correct images in the XDK and then upload/rebuild your app.

Very nice! Thank you so much :)
I have build my App new today and it works perfectly.

0 Kudos