Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Student License Serial number not working

Jerry_Hu
Beginner

Hi,

I have a student license for Parallel Studio XE 2013 that expired at the end of last year. I just refreshed my PC and was trying to install the products again, but I got this message upon activation:

"Activation rights do not allow this software to be installed. This could be due to expired subscription or incompatible serial number".

I believe that license expiry means no more updates and support, but I am merely trying to re-install the same, old product that I paid for. I will be very grateful if someone from Intel could help me with this. Maybe there is a license file workaround?

Thanks in advance.

Jerry

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Jerry,

I saw your student license in our database.  Student license is different from other licenses.  Stu license is not permanent, and its expiration date is usually same as its support expiration date.  Your stu license expired in December last year.  Stu license is not renewable.  So, you will have to get a new stu license.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Davide_F_
Beginner

Hello, I am trying to install the Intel Fortran XE 2013 SP1 compiler from scratch, and I have just created an account with Intel. I was able to download the program as a student, and I have received a serial number, but I am not able to activate my license via any of the three methods: remote activation, license file (I receive it, but I obtain the error: "The license file provided is invalid."), or license manager. Can you assist me with installation and licensing of this program? I can provide my serial number and activation code as well. Thanks very much!

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Davide F. wrote:

Can you assist me with installation and licensing of this program?

Hi Davide,

Please send me your serial number via private message.  I'll take a look.

0 Kudos
Xin_H_
Beginner

Hi, 

I am a student, just downloaded the PARALLEL_STUDIO_XE_2017. It asks for a serial number which I have not received. Am I expecting to receive a serial number through email?

Thank you,

Xin

0 Kudos
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Xin

You can apply a student license from our Free software program, see:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/qualify-for-free-software/student

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

The old issue was resolved. If you have a similar issue, do not add it to this thread but start a new one.

Thanks.

0 Kudos