Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

TVWizard2ft

mgubi
Beginner
Hi!

I have the gma x3110 g695 express chipset family on my acer travelmate 6292 the Operetingsystem is windows XP proffesional.

My question is if the progrem TVwizard2ft is some how posibele to make work with my computer, for the moment its only tells me that the program is not working with my drivers and i shoud go and get them on microsoft.com but when I do that it pops up box that tvwizard has run in to problems and most stop. I dont even know what this program does or if it is nessesery to have but its enoying for the moment to have a program on the computer that dos not work.

Thanksfull for more information
0 Kudos
8 Replies
7oby
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
mgubi
Beginner
appreciate your help ut I have updated the driver o couple of days ago and it's still dont work, thats whay I posted my question in the forum, so I will be glad for more tips.

My second question is that I conected (acer travelmate 6292) my computer (dockingstation ezdockII+) to my tv (32inch flat screen ), I use the dvi-port on both the TV and dockingstation but the resolution is max 1024 and 768, can I some how change this??
0 Kudos
moses388
Beginner
After installing the graphics driver for my Intel G35 express chipset, I am receiving an error when Vista 32-bitstarts up.
"Windows cannot find 'TvWizard2ft.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
I checked msconfig, but I do not see anything that says TvWizard2ft.exe. How can I remove this error?
The Intel driver I installed is winvista_15121. The driver revision is 15.12.1.1608.
0 Kudos
moses388
Beginner
Quoting - moses388
After installing the graphics driver for my Intel G35 express chipset, I am receiving an error when Vista 32-bitstarts up.
"Windows cannot find 'TvWizard2ft.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
I checked msconfig, but I do not see anything that says TvWizard2ft.exe. How can I remove this error?
The Intel driver I installed is winvista_15121. The driver revision is 15.12.1.1608.

I was able to fix the problem. The Intel setup was only installing the GMA and HDMI audio drivers. But inside the extracted installer files I found tvwsetup.exe. I ran it and it installed the Intel TV Wizard and all is good. The files were there, but for whatever reason the Intel installer was not launching the TV Wizard setup.

0 Kudos
potestasx
Beginner
Quoting - moses388

I was able to fix the problem. The Intel setup was only installing the GMA and HDMI audio drivers. But inside the extracted installer files I found tvwsetup.exe. I ran it and it installed the Intel TV Wizard and all is good. The files were there, but for whatever reason the Intel installer was not launching the TV Wizard setup.

I am getting the same error on startup. I am running a new computer that has G45 onboard (X4500) and using Windows XP Pro. I tried extracting the exe as you did and found that the latest driver install for XP (win2k_xp1437.exe) does not have tvwsetup.exe. So, I grabbed the same installer that you had, ran tvwsetup.exe, and got a did-not-install-properly error on restart.

I uninstalled the TV wizard and now I am back to where I started.
0 Kudos
potestasx
Beginner
Quoting - potestasx

I am getting the same error on startup. I am running a new computer that has G45 onboard (X4500) and using Windows XP Pro. I tried extracting the exe as you did and found that the latest driver install for XP (win2k_xp1437.exe) does not have tvwsetup.exe. So, I grabbed the same installer that you had, ran tvwsetup.exe, and got a did-not-install-properly error on restart.

I uninstalled the TV wizard and now I am back to where I started.

I got the zip version of the previous driver version (win2k_xp14364) and it had TV Wizard included with it. However, this driver version didn't display properly on my tv (only displayed very low resolutions), so I had to reinstall 1437.

It then said that I needed WinFX 3, which meant that I had to install the Windows .NET Framework 3.0.

Still not there yet, it said that the version of TV Wizard that I had was incompatible with the driver version, and asked if I wanted to upgrade. It couldn't find a version to match my drivers.

At this point, instead of getting the "Windows cannot find 'TvWizard2ft.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." message on startup, I get the generic "[Program Name] has encountered an error and will be shut down" [Send Error Report] message on startup.

I gave up until I decided wipe my computer because I tried but failed to incorporate Blu-ray onto my system due Blu-ray's incompatibility with WinXP/Intel graphics combination. This time, I installed the Intel graphics driver version that came with the the motherboard (Asus P5Q-EM) and then updating to the win2k_xp1437 drivers.

It no longer looks for the TV Wizard. I have no idea what the TV Wizard helps you do, or why it's included with the XP driver version previous to win2k_xp1437 but not included in the drivers that came with my motherboard or the 1437 driver version, but at this point, I don't care to know or ever have it on my system.
0 Kudos
loz_neo
Beginner
Hi guys, I'm having a similar problem with the TVWizard2ft. I bought my laptop (HP Compaq Presario C700 Notebook PC) about a year ago, and it's only recently that I have wanted to connect it to a TV (i.e. to watch movies or programs). I found out that my computer came with this TV program, and so I decided to try it out. As soon as I opened it, I got the following error: "This version of the wizard cannot be launched because it is not compatible with the graphics driver currently installed on the computer. Would you like to install the compatible version of the wizard?" I clicked yes, and the program stopped responding and closed.

I am running Windows Vista 32-bit, with Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family graphics. I would like to know why I cannot install a compatible version of this wizard on my computer, and if possible where I can download this wizard as I have not been able to find it. It's very annoying to have a program on your computer that doesn't work and won't install a compatible version.

I have tried updating the drivers for my graphics, but that has not solved anything.

Help!
0 Kudos
pmcpeak
Beginner
I had the same problems with two new Dell 760 machines. They had been configured using an HDMI cable, when I switched to DVI, after updating the drivers, no more error.
0 Kudos