Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

The Best Antivirus for 2013

SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II

The Best Antivirus for 2013

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372364,00.asp

Here is a question: What antivirus software do you use to protect your computer system(s)?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Here is some statistics: malwareremovalchart.jpg
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
By the way, Intel's McAfee doesn't look good and its Malware removal score is only 68%. I really disagree with a 63% score given to Microsoft Security Essentials and it actually does a very good job when it comes to rootkits ( also detects some rare and very old viruses ).
0 Kudos
Oleksandr_C_
Beginner

I believe this information will be interesting to other readers. Can you please explain, why some tests are highlighted in red?

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi Oleksandr, Honestly, I do not know ( Sorry about it ). There is a web-link in my initial post and I think you need to address that question there.
0 Kudos
Jessie_P_
Beginner

I have been use Kaspersky for couple of years and I don't have any problem so far. I have also use Norton and Nod32 in the past but for me Kaspersky is the best antivirus at the moment.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...I have been use Kaspersky for couple of years and I don't have any problem so far... For Real-time protection I use MS Security Essentials and for On-Demand Scanning ( additional verification ) MalwareBytes. In August, ComboFix was the only antivirus software that cleaned one of my development computers from a Zero-Access virus Google Redirect ( "famous" and very hard to remove ).
0 Kudos
Ryan_R_1
Beginner

The best software up to date is Avast Antivirus. Avast Free Antivirus 2016 offers an antivirus and anti-malware protection, along with features you're most likely to need, but would rather not think about - like one-click system checks, and unwanted toolbar removal. The free home network scanner now detects 12 more types of router vulnerabilities, and a new password manager feature means your antivirus can now save, and encrypt, all your passwords. Avast Antivirus

0 Kudos