Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

The license file provided is invalid

Jordan_M_
Beginner

Hello,

I am a software developer using Intel(R) Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 SP1. I am having some problems installing this software on my computer after Intel stopped providing unlock codes. After going through the installer and requesting a license file from Intel, I receive the message "The license file provided is invalid". I have contacted Intel through email with this problem but was redirected here.

I will provide a more detailed explanation below with pictures, hopefully everyone will be able to see them.

Step 1: After going through the Welcome and License page of the installer, you arrive at the Activation page. You are prompted to select 1 of 3 options. On my previous computer (before Intel quit providing unlock codes) I chose the first activation option, and entered my serial number (blurred out red for obvious reasons) and proceeded.

Intel1.PNG

Step 2: Continue through this page by entering the serial number in Step 1 and copying the activation code in Step 2. 

Intel2.PNG

Navigating to the Remote Activation Page via the URL, you are prompted with the following message and text field. You receive the message:

"Thank you for your purchase of Intel(R) Software Development Products. Please enter your Activation Code in the following field. We no longer provide an Unlock Code. Click on [Submit] and we will send the license file for your serial number to the serial number owner."

I proceed by entering my activation code.

Intel3.PNG

Step 3: I receive an email from Intel with a .lic file attached. Within the installer, I navigate back to the Activation page (shown in Step 1 above) and select "Choose alternative activation" and proceed. Here I am prompted with three options, I choose "Use a license file" and proceed:

Intel4.PNG

Step 4: Lastly, I browse for the license file that Intel provided through email on my machine and click Next. I receive the message "The license file provided is invalid" every time.

Intel5.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Reply
James_T_Intel

Hi Jordan,

I checked your forum email address and I can't find any licenses registered to that email address.  Can you please send your serial number to me in a private message?

James.
Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos