Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Transfer license

Richard_L_3
Beginner

I am an administrator and we will be doing an OS upgrade to WINDOWS 2008R2 on our APS server which is running INTEL FORTRAN COMPILER Version 11.1.  The previous administrator who has retired registered the FLOATING license.  I would like to transfer the license to myself so that I can manage it.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Richard

I can help you transfer the license.

I have sent you a private message for details.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Andre_Eudes_S_
Beginner

Hi Yolanda Chen,

I am in a similar case and Richard, the need to transfer the license to a former user (recently resignation) to another user of our company, could you help me please ?

PS: We did a letter (in attached) requesting the transfer, but we do not know if we can send via email, or just via physical document.

Thank you very much !!!

Sds

André Eudes S. Dos Santos

IT Coordinator

Instituto SINTEF do Brasil - ISdB

(+55) 21- 3239-4889

(+55) 21- 99347-7084

*Rua Lauro Muller,116 – Sala 3006 | CEP 22290-906 – Botafogo RJ 

andre.eudes@sintefbrasil.org.br

www.sintefbrasil.org.br

0 Kudos
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Andre

I have sent you a private message for this.

Please have a check.

Thanks

Yolanda

0 Kudos
Andre_Eudes_S_
Beginner

Hello Yollanda,

Please I need your help with another subject:

The notebook of our researcher was misplaced last week, this equipment is installed and enabled the Intel Fortan.
We wanted to ensure that there is no undue and unauthorized this equipment.
Some action in this case as exchange license, deactivation of the old installation will be possible?

Once again thank you

André Eudes S. Dos Santos

IT Coordinator

Instituto SINTEF do Brasil - ISdB

0 Kudos
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Andres

We're going to close this old thread which is not monitored frequently. If having any new issues in future, please open a new thread instead.

For your question, if your researcher is using floating license, it's fine to install on unlimited number of computers.

If you are using named-user license, for license purchased for prior-2016 products, they are allowed to install on unlimited number of computers as well providing the license owner is the only individual using the software and only one copy of the software is in use at any one time. For license purchased for 2016 products, you are only allowed to install the software on up to 3 systems.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

0 Kudos