Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

USB Data Cable causing system shut down. Why.

pcrbucsarg
Beginner
I recently purchased a USB Data Cable to transfer music from Verizon/Rhapsody to my PC and to sync with my LG VX8360.

I use Windows XP. Pentium IV. I update my system on a daily bases using Microsoft Windows Update. I have an Intel USB 2.0. My system is 3+ years old.

When I plug the USB Cable into my VX8360 my PC System stops and shows a blue screen stating the system shut down to insure no damage is done to the system.

Can anyone give me suggestions on what I need to do to correct this issue.

PS: Could it be I ned an updated USB Driver??

Regards,
PCR
0 Kudos
5 Replies
jay_best
Beginner
I think you are right, you need a new usb driver... But still I wud suggest to consult with your Hardware admin once before top come to any conclusion....

0 Kudos
russelmllsgmail_com
Quoting - jay_best
Hello sir,
I read your article in the forum site its very helpfull for me.
Thanks you,

http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=1839507

0 Kudos
jamesmartyn
Beginner
Hi to all,
Thanks for sharing the link... i read your comment and would like to suggest that it may be possible that a virus problem in USB in PC so the contain which you want to take from cable it may not work properly... so check out that first... or you may use a different data cable for your mobile to PC so also that problem occurs...

0 Kudos
viastain
Beginner
Quoting - pcrbucsarg
I recently purchased a USB Data Cable to transfer music from Verizon/Rhapsody to my PC and to sync with my LG VX8360.

I use Windows XP. Pentium IV. I update my system on a daily bases using Microsoft Windows Update. I have an Intel USB 2.0. My system is 3+ years old.

When I plug the USB Cable into my VX8360 my PC System stops and shows a blue screen stating the system shut down to insure no damage is done to the system.

Regards,
PCR

So have you tried to update the usb driver ?
Is it works ?

0 Kudos
avensue
Beginner
Quoting - pcrbucsarg

Regards,
PCR

install a new usb driver
0 Kudos